Hello Guest

Where did all the sammys go?

• 12 Replies

Offline brawnyrebel

• i've cought a case of samuraitis
Where did all the sammys go?
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:26:56 PM »
  It seems like recently there have not been any samurais for sale unless there going for thousands. Is any one still finding the $500 deals out there any where? I have been looking for months with a pocket full of cash and cant find a decent one for even tripple that.
If its not broken, break it

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
Re: Where did all the sammys go?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »
They are out there, a kid on Zukiworld just got one for 500.
Student of Now Master of Then

sourskittle

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:18:05 PM »
I had totally given up on sami's and pre-85 yodas, due to price. Every Sami in my local autotrader was going for $3800 at least ( and the motor wasn't right ), and averaged $5K due to motor conversions, axle swaps, and large tire lift set-ups. I totally gave up, and was looking into trading my motorcycle for a 89' 351W bronco. Until I did the fuel calulations for the 110mile trip to the play ground. I completely gave up.... About a week later, one of the two other machanics I work with says, " hey, saw a sami on my way to work with a for sale sign on it". We took an early lunch and found what I thought was going to be a $2500-$3000 POS. 33'' tires, lifted, white sami. Couldn't tell the motor.... Gutted, missing the top, windsheild, doors, and left nothing but the seats, dash, and shifters. Turns out, the seller wasn't unreallic about pricing. Turns out, it has a sweet running all stock motor, complete with stock exhuast. He's asking $1000.... I offered him $500 the next day ( over a week ago now ). Of course, he turned me down, but I plan to go by and offer him $600-700 cash tomorrow....

Its no mint sami for $500, but compared to what I've been seeing, I feel lucky to have found it.

Point is, don't rush, keep asking around, and maybe you'll find one for cheap....

Stock drivetrain with 33'' tires isn't optimal, but I'll take it for $600-$700 with a good running motor. I just wanted a toy anyway...

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 10:51:05 PM »
When my brother picked up his Sammy we traded it for a complete 460 marine engine.  It belonged to a friends Grandfather and he just wanted to get rid of it.

So you just have to get lucky.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline brawnyrebel

• i've cought a case of samuraitis
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 09:02:42 AM »
I sure hope my luck picks up then. I would gladly pay the $1000 for a running one that was not totaly rotted out. It's good to hear someone is finding them
If its not broken, break it

Offline john1974

• http://zuknation.net
    • Zuknation
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 10:08:38 AM »
You can still find the deals, but there getting harder and harder to find.  And prices keep going up on ones owned by people knowing what they go for on Ebay and Etc.
 *Image Removed* [/URL]  *Image Removed* [/URL]

sourskittle

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 12:02:56 PM »
http://www.suzukiconversion.com/suzuki_4cyl.htm
Check out some of the prices a local place by me sells them for.... Even rat infected ones for $2000.

phloop

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »
Ten years ago I paid over $2k for my early '88 JX. Totally stock, came with both the factory soft and hard top's, about 60k miles, owned by an older couple. I chose to pay that kinda money as having owned a '87 that was very sketchy I wanted something stock that I knew had little too no problems. Since then I have not had to shell out any $$$ for upkeep/worn out junk, but instead I have been able to put that $$$ into mod's.

If you are looking for a decent capable Zuki, try looking at some of those modded rigs. They may seem spendy but after you add up what a rig could have into it along with the cost of the rig itself, you may end up with a good deal.

As I mentioned, I gave 2K+ for mine and have way more into it now and if I had too sell it I could not ask the 8/9K to make my money back. If I was asking $4/5K people would just laugh.

sourskittle

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 09:28:55 AM »
The one I was looking at sold Friday, the day before I went to pick it up... I had to sell my motor cycle to get the money, got the money and the sami was gone...

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 09:09:43 AM »
I'm waiting for my folks friends in sunny Florida to finally give up on the motor home, and then I inherit a rust-free, low mile TOAD 1995 Samurai.  It's got 38000 miles on the Odo, and they are 90% toad miles.

Price?  $300.  I already gave them the money almost 2 years ago.

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for their sight to go. ;)

Offline bbagwell

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »
I got my 83 Toyota (4X4 of course) for $300.  There are deals out there, just few and far between.  The guy I bought it from was stupid and desperate for money.
2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara
1983 Toyota PU

thcrw739

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 01:37:03 PM »
It isnt just Sammi's

Sidekicks as well

sure pos one's all over the place but find one decent running that doesnt have the bio degradable interior. and beat up body...

and high prices for good one's or fair ones

have you ever tried to look for oem body and interior parts?

sheesh

Offline ilikemud

• 4X4
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »
$750 from a junk yard no rust good motor good title and every part from jc whiteny even some bumper covers. got it in the spring.
87 tintop, 88.5 conv