Hello Guest

Where to get Old Man Emu struts and coils for 04 Tracker?

• 6 Replies

Iautox

Where to get Old Man Emu struts and coils for 04 Tracker?
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »
Hi All,

I've got an 04 4dr Chevy Tracker that I've done the Rocky Road 2" body lift on and their rock sliders.  I had a front and trans skid plates fabricated from diamond plate aluminum and put 235/75/15 on it.  I'd like a little more lift and articulation so I can put on some 235/75/16s.  The Old Man Emu coils, struts and shocks look like a good choice rather than just spacers and extenders.

Rocky Road was not good to deal with so I'd much rather give my business to someone else, but I can not find any one else selling this kit - just jeep stuff or older Suzuki stuff.

I'm hoping you guys can provide me with some vendors.

Thanks in advance,

Mark 

Iautox

Re: Where to get Old Man Emu struts and coils for 04 Tracker?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »
No luck.  No one knows I guess.  I sent an email to ARB USA, the U.S. distributor for OME, asking for a list of retailers.  It's been a few days and no reply.  Also someone here posted in another thread that Strictly Hawk carried the full OME line, but they don't respond.  I guess I'm stuck with going back to Roady Road with their terrible service.  I guess I should have known that parts and retailers would be limited for Suzuki in comparison to Jeeps, but I didn't think it would be this tough.  I guess even though I like the Tracker a lot better than a Jeep, at least as a dual purpose daily driver, I'll have to go with a Jeep for the better aftermarket selection next time.

Offline blacktrack99

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 04:12:14 PM »
Just remembered: Trail Tough!  And great cust. service, too.  Ordered my Lock-rite  from them and probably asked them another dozen questons on the phone.  They love [and know!] their Zuks.  Oh, and they charge like $75 less for the same locker.

Offline willhl

• Will's Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »
Have you tried contacting ARB Australia?

http://arb.com.au/contact-arb-international.php#
1998 Grand Vitara, 4-door, 2.0L, No Mod's . . . Yet.

Iautox

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:47:27 PM »
Thanks willhl and blacktrack99.  I sent emails off to both ARB Australia and Trail Tough.  Hopefully one of them will get back to me.  I'll post the results here for others is I'm successful finding a company other than Rocky Road you sells OME for newer Suzuki/Trackers.

Iautox

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:54 PM »
Just FYI.  ARB USA responded and apologized for being so slow.  Apparently they were at a trade show.  They referred me to Strictly Hawk (maybe they were at the trade show too!) and Petroworks.  I sent an email to Petroworks so hopefully I'll be able to order some stuff soon.

Offline 90Stomper

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
i have an 04 4door zr2 V6.  i just ordered the calmini lift kit (which is now 4 days past due, similar to RR)  i have the feeling that in a year or so i will be wanting to put old man emu springs and struts on also.  so i am very interested in hearing what you find out. ???

also, i dont like doing it either but, calling sometimes works better/faster than email.

got any pics of your tracker?
2004 chevy tracker, 4door, V6
says 'Chevy' on the outside,
but its covered with lots of big 'S's on the inside ;)