Hello Guest

Hello U-joint question

• 4 Replies

y2kGV

Hello U-joint question
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »
Hello from a newb.
We have a 2000 GV 4x4 5-spd all stock on 235's.

The GV developed a vibration and suspecting a u-joint I purchased a 408 Precision joint only to discover that they are not correct.  Is there an aftermarket Joint or do I really have to go bleed at the stealership?

Thanks

Offline JDMCRX

• 02 Grand Vitra Pimp lol
Re: Hello U-joint question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:26:42 AM »
Um i have some at home ill get u the make and info off them
01 GRAND VITARA

JBAUTO LONGTUBE HEADERS AND 2.5" JBAUTO EXHAUST

New project H27 in the GV goal 200 Wheel Horse Power  JPB 1.75"front 2" rear Grand Vitra lifts  www.jbauto.ca[/url]

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:48:58 AM »
SHould be the same U-joint that appears in the Kicks and Sammy's (at least mine look to be the same).

nprecon

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »
How many miles are on your beast?  WHEN do you feel/hear the vibration come on?  On acceleration?  When decellerating?   All the time when you're truck is moving?   When cruising down the highway... with the stereo off?   Do you feel it in your seat?  In the shifter?   Is it worse in the back seat area?   

The reason i ask these dumb questions is simply when and where you feel/hear the vibration is important too.  Could simply be one of your tires threw a tire weight.  You won't necessarly feel it at low speeds, but as you accellerate, it will become more pronounced. 

Unless you have a lot of miles on your truck, or pull a lot of hole shots with it, or tow alot with it, or do alot of wheeling through deep water, your u-joints should still be hanging strong through 125K miles.

Have you inspected the u-joint visually and tried to shake the coupling?   Check out some other areas too before you decide it's one of the u-joints.

Offline 90Stomper

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:12:51 PM »
dont know if this info will help much...

i had the rear U go out on my 90, went to Oreilleys and got a new one, took it to a shop and it would not fit, long story short, had to have the shaft machined a lil to get it to fit.   :P

no one likes to go to the dealer cause of $$, but the newer the car the more likely you have to.  i have an 04 now and cant find hardly any parts at a parts store....  oh well :sleepy:
2004 chevy tracker, 4door, V6
says 'Chevy' on the outside,
but its covered with lots of big 'S's on the inside ;)