Hello Guest

Heater Problems

• 1 Replies

bigtymer

Heater Problems
« on: October 23, 2007, 06:15:25 AM »
Recently my wife’s serpentine belt snapped causing the power steering and AC/Heat to stop working. We replaced the serpentine belt and got the power steering back but the AC/Heat still does not work. I checked all the fuses and found that the fuse under the hood that was supposed to be for the heater was not getting any power. I connected the blower motor to an alternate power source and found that it worked. I changed the resistor and relay for the blower motor as well. Because we are short on money right now we have not gotten it fixed (one place wanted 1,800 to fix the AC). I know the motor works and at this time of year I don’t need the AC so I simply connected the blower motor to a different power source in the car with a switch. This is a temporary fix seeing how there is only one speed (high). The switch to control the speeds does not work at this point. I need some suggestions on a solution.

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
Re: Heater Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 02:18:34 PM »
I think I've got some wiring schematic pdf files if you pm me your email address.  They're for an '02 XL-7.

First I'd make sure the belt didn't fly around and disconnect either the harness connection to the compressor or any others you can find in the neighborhood.  If that's still intact, make sure the A/C fuse isn't blown (it has, in my '02 anyway, its own little black fuse holder right in front of the battery.)  On mine, blowing that fuse didn't have any effect on the blower motor, but who knows.
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com