Hello Guest

Team Trophy Challenge 07

• 4 Replies

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Team Trophy Challenge 07
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »
It was a lot of fun.  I should have aired up the tires for the on road timed portion, I think the wide open running with low tire pressure helped the early demise of my fuel pump (Died at 2:00 am on Sunday morning).

Almost made it up the crack.  Had a great line, but stalled it on the final climb and decided to just pull myself out.  Hopefully they will post the pictures, as I know they took a couple good ones of our runs.  :)

The Pro Comp tires gripped the rocks really well.  I don't know if it was because it was dry or not, but they worked really well.

Friday Night

Enjoying the winch challenge

Just out on the trail

A few pictures online at http://picasaweb.google.com/CrawlersNW/TeamTrophyChallengeWashington07
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Team Trophy Challenge 07
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM »
I'm curious, did Doug Shipman put this on? I'm wondering if he moved his event or if someone took the name...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:15 PM »
No, the Timber Tamers put the event on this year with sponsorship from Trail Ready Beadlocks.  Doug Shipman was going to come up and compete this year but had something else come up at the last minute.  Technically it was Team Trophy Challenge Washington in order to show the change in venue.

http://www.ttcw.org
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »
Cool pics

So was this held at Liberty or Naches?  Both?

Where did you place?

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 12:14:50 AM »
We were camped off of Manastash Ridge Road outside of Ellensburg.  We did make it over to Funny and Moon rocks for a couple of comps but we spent most of the time a little further north.

It was a pretty fun setup.  We did tech check in on Friday right before the snow started coming down.  Saturday morning the drivers meeting was at 7:00 and line-up to leave was at 8:00.  There were 4 loops designed, we only finished the first 3 though.  At 9:00 PM the loops where closed and you could pick up the instructions for the night challenge.  You where given a list of GPS cords to find a set of buckets, similar to a Geocache setup.  We were making pretty good progress on the search when my fuel pump died and I had to be pulled back and called it a day 4 hours early at 2:00 am.

Favorite Challenge - Speed run.  There was a course that needed to be run with an average speed of 2.5 minutes.  I was 3 minutes on the dot after a small accident but I think my partner (Matt in a Jeep TJ) made up the difference.  The Winch obstacle and Funny Rocks obstacle were great as well.

Lease Favorite - Road Rally.  SJ wasn't really made for 30 miles of pavement at 50 miles an hour...

Final tally was a bent tie rod bar (speed run, slid through a corner and into a stump), fuel pump, and speedo is no longer working.  Not bad at all.

They just put up the results.  Took 8th.  That is with the worst score for Loop 2, not starting loop 3 and having to stop the night flag search 4.5 hours early.  :)

-Edit- Pictures are up as well.  Some good ones of me heading up the crack.  Mostly.  :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:04:32 AM by Drone637 »
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing