Hello Guest

Audiovox Crusie

• 1 Replies

Offline brentd27

Audiovox Crusie
« on: October 05, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »
I have a 93 tracker LSI and and I bought one of the AudioVox CCS-100 universal cruise control kits, and now I have a question...  The manual says you have to have 1.5" to 2" throttle cable movement for the kit to work.  Checked the cable at the throttle and it moves exactly 1.5" from minimum to full throttle.  The manual, however, claims that the kit has to be connected to the gas pedal for some reason.  Granted there is not enough room with the stock throttle cable support bracket to have the required "5 balls" between the end of the cruise cable and the start of the throttle adapter, but what I was considering doing is getting some flat metal bar stock and making a new throttle cable support bracket that will hold the original throttle cable in it's original position and have an off-set bracket to hold the cruise cable end that will provide the necessary 5-ball clearance.  This looks to be infinitely easier than trying to cludge up some sort of support under the dash for the system to pull the gas pedal.

Is my line of thinking sound or is there some other reason the Audiovox cruise won't work under the hood?

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Audiovox Crusie
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 04:51:01 AM »
Your idea sounds like it might work. I'm using the same Audiovox Cruise Control in my 95 Tracker and have been for a couple of years now. I couldn't  easily find a way to attach the cable to the throttle mount on the multiport throttle body, so rather than reinvent the wheel, I just connected it to the gas pedal like they suggested. Works fine, but if you do manage to rig up a bracket, post some photos.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER