Hello Guest

zuktoy up for next phaze

• 1 Replies

Offline wezzlegod

• under construction crowler
zuktoy up for next phaze
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »
for those of you that dont know what the zuketoy is ill explain from the beginning. i had a 98 sidekick. i started this project so i can put axles and 37s. so i can do the hammers. i wheeled it for about a year with 32s and clamini 3 inch and a costume 3 inch body lift. with the 1.6 L fi and stock t case and 5.12 r&ps it was kind of dogish when climbing waterfalls and in rock gardens. i broke axles a lot. mostly having to gun it to get it up things. so i wanted to do a 4 link axle swap with bigger tires. i though of putting in gears in the t case but thay didn't offer low enough gears for the hammers and thay where expensive!!!! so i decided to put a bigger engine in it. it had to be a smog legal swap so i could drive it to the trail. i live in an area where the trails are in all directions in 10 to 30 min. it would be ridicules to trailer it . of course i don't have a trailer and something to hall it. it so happens though a friend wrecked a 91 toyota pickup with a 22re 2.4L and gave it to me for $100 bucks. bingo i had a better engine and everything i needed for the swap and it was smog complaint. so i went all out with my swap i sold the trans and got an older l 52 trans because its 5 inch's shorter than the 91 trans and put duel t cases for about the same price it would cost for sidekick gears. the gears give me over 5 to 1. ive had it in for about a year and its great. it crawls great and i dont need to  gun it to climb anything just a little gas. it will handle 37s with no problem. so its on to the next stage.

the axles. 

ok i picked up toyota axles for my old 1.6. i bought rebuild kits , 5.29 r&ps , lockrights, weld on diff armer and high steer kit. ok im ready to go. the first thing i wanted to do is move the axles closer to the corners. the gas tank needs to be moved. so hear is what im ding for this problem. im moving it to 
the trunk. i have pix of it so far. i cut a hole in the trunk and made a sub frame and a box to cover it .
so stay tuned for zuketoy posts. i m having the steal for the links being delivered on Monday. im going to be documenting all the work. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:08:22 PM by wezzlegod »
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline wezzlegod

• under construction crowler
Re: zuketoy up for next phaze
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:13:32 PM »
more
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext