Hello Guest

Little button

• 5 Replies

camackawitz

Little button
« on: May 31, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »
Hi,  I am na new member. I have my first zuki/tracker. it is a 92 auto 4wd. what is that little button you can pull on, that is on the auto console on the bottom left corner under the shifter. thanks? Also my tracker seems to have a similiar problem that it wont budge. i ordered the new sheet and am waiting for it how hard is it to replace. It does move but it feels like the e brake is stuck. if i put it in two wheel drive it would move feels like i have the brakes on? thanks
danny

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
Re: Little button
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:34:41 PM »
im guessing that little pull is there so you can shift without the key.
just pull and shift down

(i had one on my swift)

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:03 AM »
It does move but it feels like the e brake is stuck. if i put it in two wheel drive it would move feels like i have the brakes on? thanks
danny

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying. Are you trying to drive it on the road in 4wd? you can only use 2wd on the road. Otherwise have you checked the brakes? they could well be seized.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

trackerbacker

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:21:07 AM »
i have one on a 92 and from what i recal b4 i gave it to my mom for a summer drive is that its like a parking brake relase pull or something of that nature

kingzoo

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:03 AM »
  It allows you to shift the transmission out of park without the key,and it also allows shifting without applying the brakes

camackawitz

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 11:34:51 AM »
thanks for the input.