Hello Guest

SJ T-cases?

• 2 Replies

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
SJ T-cases?
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »
I posted this on another forum but thought I would post here as well and see what information I could glean.

I was just given an SJ transfer case that I will end up using as a doubler for my tracker.  Now I have a few questions.  First, what are the gear ratios?  Is there a high range reduction like the sami's?  What is the low range gearing?  Will the input flange from a Sami t-case work on the SJ case?  Mine is missing.

Thanks for any help.  Can't wait to start this new project.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: SJ T-cases?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »
When you say SJ T-Case, do you mean an SJ-410 or a SJ-413?

The SJ-410 is 10% lower in high and low range then a SJ-413/Samurai T-Case.  Other then that they are pretty much the same.  I do know that aftermarket gears are not supported in the 410 case, so some of the internals might be different sized.

As for the flanges, they are probably the same.  I didn't check the top flange when I swapped over to a Sammy case, but I know the rear E-Brake flange will bolt straight up to a Samurai/413 case so chances are the top flange is the same.

The bolt up positions are the same for both T-Cases.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
Re: SJ T-cases?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
There are several SJ410 tcases, the very early ones with no 4wd light switch are quite different, later models with the switch should be OK but if it has the 'skinny' props then the flanges will need to be swapped or redrilled.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org