Hello Guest

easy lift.

• 3 Replies

Offline mikesova

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
easy lift.
« on: April 01, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
I am getting a samurai and I want to lift it, but nothing extreme right now.  What lift can I do that won't affect steering, shocks, etc.

Can I get the 2" lift springs and not affect any of that?

I am going to be short on money, and I'd rather not have to re-locate shocks and change around the steering, etc.

thanks

Offline WinnipegZuk

• The New Kid On The Block
Re: easy lift.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 05:55:59 PM »
my suggestion would be some 2" or so shackels..... check out ebay, or if u have a welder fab em up urself.

Offline sklope

• BUSHWACKER
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:48:27 PM »
I bought the 2" body lift from SKY and put 275/70/15 MT's on my tracker ;D. With the MT's I had to bend back my front fender wells a little with a air hammer due to some minor rubbing. Doing the 2 inch body lift, you do not have to modify anything as far as the front / rear end because you are not actually moving anything except the body. I think if I would have put all terrains on it, that I probably would not have had to bend back the fender wells ???.
* '96 Tracker
* 2" Sky body lift
* 235/75/15 M/T's
* Custom front and back bumpers
* Durabak exterior coating (bed liner) * '07 chevy silverado "wail tail" tailgate cover (custom cut to fit)

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 11:11:51 AM »
With 2" springs all your steering will be fine. Your shocks may be a little short and limit down travel a little. You can measure the length you need and get some el cheapo car shocks to get you buy for a while though. I really like the Old Man Emu springs but they are not cheap. I think about $500.00 for the set. They ride very nice though.