Hello Guest

Sagging front end

• 3 Replies

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Sagging front end
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:54:53 PM »
My trackers front end is sagging so much that it is making the caster angle incorrect and making it very squirrely at freeway speeds. Does this mean it is time for a lift kit? If so, Which calmini lift kit, the 2" or 3"?
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)

Offline sklope

• BUSHWACKER
Re: Sagging front end
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »
Had the same problem with my 96 Tracker. I put a 2" body lift on it and changed the struts and that seemed to help a lot ;D. The struts were so bad, when you pushed them down they did not come back up at all :o! The front end was actually riding on the coil springs instead of the struts :o!
* '96 Tracker
* 2" Sky body lift
* 235/75/15 M/T's
* Custom front and back bumpers
* Durabak exterior coating (bed liner) * '07 chevy silverado "wail tail" tailgate cover (custom cut to fit)

Offline kirknd4spd

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:44:24 AM »
if youre going to get a calmini lift, id get the 3". it easily clears 31-32" tires with minor trimming on the rear of the front fenders
89 Sidekick - 2 door soft top, 1.6, auto, 4x4, 3" suspension lift, 31x10.50's on 15x8 Mickey Thompsons, long tube header

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 04:58:21 AM »
Your Tracker SHOULD ride on the coil springs. The Struts and shocks are there to dampen the oscillations of the springs. It's much more likely that your springs are collapsed, as well as your struts being bad. As far as lifts go, check the archives for opinions on various lifts.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER