Hello Guest

toyota straight axels tracker t case

• 2 Replies

Offline hardscratch11

toyota straight axels tracker t case
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:23:41 PM »
i have a 91 tracker with toyota straight axles and tracker t case. my question, is it ok to have the slip in the tcase, not in the drive shafts to accomodate axle movement? if not how do i go about fixing this? how would i make a samurai t case work with the stock tracker tranny?
91' tracker, toyota straight axles and leaf's, exo-skeleton, 3" body lift, 35in kelly safari's, 8000lb ramsey winch

Offline wezzlegod

• under construction crowler
Re: toyota straight axels tracker t case
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »

it might work if you dont have moor than 2to 3 inces of movement from on the groud to axls hanging in the air. if you want to you can put a toyota t case in go to ottindusries.com. thay have a few different setups for your tracker/ sidekick you my want to consider especaly if your a hard core wheeler. i just put in a 22re with duel t cases into my sidekick and its works great but you would need to be a good mechanich to do that swap. for me to do it would cost you a good amount of cash. lots of laber.
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline hardscratch11

Re: toyota straight axels tracker t case
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
yea i just bought it bout a week ago, haven't picked it up yet to see how much they move, going to use a bobcat and pick it up to see. but the yolks will move 2 to 3 inches and still have enuf spline left? don't really want to strip the splines out.  ???
91' tracker, toyota straight axles and leaf's, exo-skeleton, 3" body lift, 35in kelly safari's, 8000lb ramsey winch