Hello Guest

2004 PCV valve

• 1 Replies

2004 PCV valve
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:42:23 AM »
Hello all! i have a question. first i want to say i research the past posts reguarding the PCV valve, and im pretty darn sure i know where it is. but here is my problem. i went to advanced autoparts and got a new pcv valve for less than $3. If what i am looking at is the pcv valve on my 2004 chevy tracker 2.5 V6 then its not the same part. the part i am looking at Threads into the valve cover and is metal. the part i got from advanced auto parts is black plastic and pushes into something.  where i am looking is at the drivers side valve cover. its the only hose going into that valve cover so i guess im looking at the right thing since this is where the other posts said to look.   one more question. is the 2nd letter in what im talking about is (C) then why would it be coming from the valve cover?  (sorry i had to ask). any help would be appreicated.    I also noticed i dont have a cabin air filter, and from the researching i have done it looks to be a order item. unless the local chevy dealer has them in stock...

chris

Re: 2004 PCV valve
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:47:49 AM »
well i went to the chevy shop and they shown me where it is. like i read in the drivers side valve cover. but the reason i was so confused is the part i got from the local parts store was black plastic mine is METAL and threads into the valve cover. so the part i got was WRONG. since i didnt have a replacement i removed the pcv valve and used seafoam DEEP CREEEP to clean it out. it was very hard to hear it moving around. but after i cleaned it, its very noticable that its working now.. i can hear that thing bouncing all over inside... once i knew what it was i wasnt afraid to mess with it. came out with a 17mm wrench.

chris