Hello Guest

TT Front Locker install

• 6 Replies

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
TT Front Locker install
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »
im ordering the front locker and im wondering if joe blow in his garage is able to unstall this locker or will i need to get it done by a pro?
thanks yet again  ;D
2 Dr. 91'  8v Sidekick| 3" Body Lift | 4" Gas Tank Lift | 3.5" Suspension Lift | Snorkel | Custom Bumpers | Sliders | 31" LTB's | Detroit | 4.24 Tcase | TT front locker soon

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: TT Front Locker install
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:05:45 AM »
Some can some cant. Just make sure they have an employee that knows how to set up 3rd members properly.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:44:54 AM »
i know a guy that can set it up for me but its another 50 bucks  >:(  He set up my rear detroit ez and it works golden
2 Dr. 91'  8v Sidekick| 3" Body Lift | 4" Gas Tank Lift | 3.5" Suspension Lift | Snorkel | Custom Bumpers | Sliders | 31" LTB's | Detroit | 4.24 Tcase | TT front locker soon

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
When I did my Kick, I did it myself and it worked out good. You just have to maks sure you follow each step of the insturctions in high detail. One small missed placed shim and your sending your parts to that guy and he'll probably charge you double to fix it.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 01:01:13 AM »
ok, i have all the time in the world and a few tools so im sure i will be able to pull it off :P

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 05:37:18 AM »
Your going to need a dial indicater with a magnetic base to reset the gear lash after you remove the ring gear and re-install it on your locker. This is a critical step, as it will determine the life of your gears! You can get a cheap one from Harbor Freight if you don't have access to one( borrow.) IMO, it's always better to buy the tool you need to do the job, rather than pay someone to do it. Then you end up with the tool, and the SKILLS and a better understanding of how things work. 
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
To put a lunch box styal locker in a sammi, its takes about 10 tools tops, its not a very difficult job, just make sure you get your lash right.

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.