Hello Guest

Pass. window not closing properly

• 5 Replies

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
Pass. window not closing properly
« on: January 01, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »
My passenger front window is not closing properly. It goes up fine about halfway and then something binds and it starts tilting toward the front of the vehicle. The only way I can get it all the way up is if I pull the window towards the back of the vehicle while I crank the window up. I took the door apart this morning to see if there was an adjustment I could make but I came away unsatisfied. What was happening was the part that holds the window was moving back and forth on the track, as if the attachment was worn out or something. It's all back together now, but I would like to know how to fix the problem. Thanks!
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline gearjam

• RC 2010
Re: Pass. window not closing properly
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 05:28:46 PM »
Your window regulator is bad.

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
De-railing its self, get new window regulators, maybe the guides to.

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

Offline garbage!!!

• IFS PRIDE!!!
    • my truck's zukiworld page
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:18:07 AM »
I do not know how bad is your case but mine does that a bit and I fix it by spraying some silicon spray on the rails, other kinds of lube should work also.
mudding aroung : ) in counryside São Paulo.

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
mine does the same thing. I took the door apart and tried to adjust the window regulator, but it still binds and tilts forward.
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »
Mine does the same thing. I took the door apart and tried to adjust it, but it still does it. On mine though, it seems as if the frame around the window is bent inward ever so slightly, but just enough to make the window bind half way up.
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)