Hello Guest

Inspection port?

• 2 Replies

Offline MexicoMatt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Inspection port?
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:31:58 PM »
Hi guys, looking at buying a used Grand Vitara. The seller keeps referring to a pressure plate that is leaking and needs to be resealed. I asked him if he meant the oil pan or something in the transmission and he said no. he's telling me it's a plate at the front of the engine that you can take off to look inside the engine. Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about?

Online fordem

Re: Inspection port?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 05:14:55 AM »
I'd say get him to send you a picture - as far as I'm aware, none of the engines used on the GVs had any inspection plates on the front.  If I assume it's the 2.5 liter V6, they are known for leaking around the timing cover if it has been removed and not properly resealed - quite a bit of work is involved in getting access there, so the price would have to be very attractive, maybe it's time to just move on.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline MexicoMatt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Inspection port?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 05:14:30 AM »
I'd say get him to send you a picture - as far as I'm aware, none of the engines used on the GVs had any inspection plates on the front.  If I assume it's the 2.5 liter V6, they are known for leaking around the timing cover if it has been removed and not properly resealed - quite a bit of work is involved in getting access there, so the price would have to be very attractive, maybe it's time to just move on.

That's exactly what i was thinking. The timing cover is a huge job to take off.