Hello Guest

programming new remotes for keyless entry

• 5 Replies

Offline BillyBob69

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
programming new remotes for keyless entry
« on: January 25, 2006, 09:31:13 AM »
My wife bought a 2000 GV with the 6 cylinder, 4x4...etc.  First, dealer missed that it had the factory 6cd changer in it..BONUS!  :D Second, they also missed it had the keyless entry :o :D...at least thats what I think it is.  During my install of a hands free kit for her cell phone, I found/noticed a module under the drivers side of the dash, with the Suzuki name on it, that seems to be the keyless entry module for it.  However, she didn't get any FOB's with the vehicle.  I called the dealer and they said that it has to be brought in to get new remotes for it and they want $100 for programming, and $35 for each factory remote.  She has the original keys for it, (chipped?).  Now I know that with my F150, I can get a new remote from the dealer, do a few turns and clicks of the key, brakes etc to program the unit to accept the new remote.  Can I do this with her Grand Vitara or is the dealer right about having to program it from the vehicle?  I would hate to spend the $100 for programming it if I can just sit at home with a new remote from the dealer and go through a few steps to get it to work.
Thanks all!

Offline blacknight

• Gonzookin
Re: programming new remotes for keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »
All 99 to 05 GV's have a two button remote (04 & 05 may have 3 buttons?). Check e-bay I'm sure you will find some and programing them is a joke.  That box you found thas a little button on it press it and a red light will flash. Then press a button on the remote till it stays red that's it.  As for the key there no chip.

Offline BillyBob69

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »
  :o Woohoo!  Thanks!    I don't mind paying the $35 for the remotes...just not the $100 for the programming. ::) :P

Thanks for the info.

Offline trackinstile

• Too young to quit........Too old to change........
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:53:18 PM »
I'm trying to replace one missing remote on my wifes 2001 XL-7.  I bought one on Ebay for $5.50 with shipping, I'll let you know if it works,  Dave
A wise man once said, "Wherever you go...........There you are.............." 2000 Tracker 4 door with the 2.0 liter "Big Block". 5 speed 4WD  2001 XL-7 EX II

Offline 1lowgeo

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
    • Outlandish Trends
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 07:21:41 PM »
anyone know if the same thing would work for a 1995 sidekick, i can get the keyfobs from the dealer for 20 bucks but they want to progam it. as billybob said i dont want to pay for programing  either. also does anyone know to get the 4x4 stickers  that are in the rear windows of sidekicks, mine was missing one and i thought it was a dealer item but they didnt have a listing for it . thanks
Mike
1997 Geo Tracker GSI  4dr 4x2
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 4dr 4x4

Offline tgafford

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 09:17:32 AM »
ok, what about a 2001 Vitara 2door where the two fobs the car came (used) with worked fine until I replaced the car's battery, and now they don't work.  The keyless control box is black, has a white plug, and absolutely no buttons or lights.  I took the circuit board out of the box to make sure there were no lights or buttons inside either, and there weren't.  help!?