Hello Guest

automatic for kick

• 4 Replies

Offline Mike71

automatic for kick
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:26:59 PM »
i have a 91 kick 8v 5-sp 4x4 and id really like to put an automatic in it. does anyone have a line on a place wher ei can get one? that isnt tooo expensive

thank you =-)
623hp kb cobra sold! 100hp kick new DD :P

Offline ack

• Professional askhole
    • Ack's FAQ
Re: automatic for kick
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 02:52:05 AM »
Junkyards are full of automatics.  find one that has most of its (and the engine's) harness for that donor vehicle.  Prices will vary but the cheaper units will be offered at the "pick and pull" yards.
Ack

'88 Samurai, '88.5 Samurai TT, '11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
Ack's FAQ  http://www.acksfaq.com

Offline Mike71

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:04:02 AM »
hmm all the yards i checked in sacromento CA have like NO trackers ;( lol of any make be it suzuki geo or chevy :(

but ima keep at it hehe.

so if im going to an auto  what do i need to change? dont really understand what needs to change

Offline biker

• It's a sickness I tell ya
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »
If you put in the 3spd auto you don't need any electronics. You will need the tranny of course, you can use your t-case if you like they all bolt up. You will need the flex plate to replace the flywheel. You will need the shifter. You will need the rad for the auto or just add an aux cooler. Driveshafts are all the same on the 2 doors, auto or std. You will need to run a vaccuum line to the motor. If you want the kickdown to work then you will need to grab the throttle body from the donor truck so that the cable has a place to hook to. If you want the nuetral safety switch and back up lights to work on the shifter then you will need to run some wiring to the tranny. There is also an electric lockup on torque conv but is not worth the hassle to wire up in my opinion. Other than the above listed all you need is an afternoon to put it in :)
94 Kick with bigger tires
99 Vitara 2wd
10 Gr Vitara

Offline Mike71

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »
awesome gunna copy paste that =-) thanks for all the info

still messing around with the idea of a 2.0 and auto from a newer kick
havent decided what im gunna do yet hehe