Hello Guest

2 for one special on lift springs?

• 3 Replies

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
2 for one special on lift springs?
« on: June 06, 2006, 05:55:49 PM »
I have a 2006 wrangler rubicon edition as well as my 95 tracker 4x4. I have been intending to do a mild 2" suspension lift on both of these vehicles and was wondering if this is possible....

If I order 2" lift springs for the rubicon unlimited, can I use its stock springs to lift the tracker? or would these caused too much lift on the lighter tracker setup? I have head of people using tj springs on the tracker/sidekicks before.... I have already installed longer shocks onto the rear of the tracker and would flip the front strut mounts to get more down travel on the front end.

I appreciate any input on this matter, as I am trying to minimize the impact to my wallet this go round :)

Offline the_maplebar

Re: 2 for one special on lift springs?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:00:54 AM »
You might be able to use the TJ front's in the back of the Tracker.  Heather did that

http://www.granitepath.com/~kd7hcg/pictures/springs/index.htm

The TJ springs should be soft enough (unless the Rubicon's have a heavier spring rate) but they may give you too much lift, like 3-4+ inches instead of 2".  If you don't mind cutting the springs shorter and pressing the botton so they fit right, it might work.  You would still need to do something in the front though.
2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline Shredder

• She thinks my Tracker's sexy
    • Me & My Rig
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »
If you do decide to cut down those coil springs to fit just remember that the spring rate is determined by a few factors and one of them is the springs length. The more you cut off the stiffer it will become.
'96 Astro Van 2wd, +10 Overland, 32s, Tow Rig
'96 Tracker LWB 4x4, +4.5 Calmini/Boondox, +3 Boondox BL, 31x10.50 (wife rolled)
'93 Sidekick LWB 2x4, 235s, +3 Boondox Suspension kit, 4wd swap 2b
'91 Tracker SWB, Toy axles, YJ Springs, Boondox Swap Kit, 31x10.50

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:47:53 AM »
Nah, I am going to pass on this idea for now, just going to go with coil spacers on both vehicles. Seems easier than trying to overcome springs that dont fit properly and would only do the back anyways. So it looks like I am in the market for 2 complete sets of 2 inch coil spacers. I already did the longer shocks on the back of the tracker, so thats pretty much ready, just flip the strut mounts when I am installing the spacers, a quick alignment and I am good to go right? later perhaps a mild body lift and that would pretty well finish it off I think.....