Hello Guest

The Next XL-7

• 39 Replies

Offline jzap

• How difficult can it be?
Re: The Next XL-7
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »
Reminds me of a Nissan Murano...   ...or is that MORON-O...
Jim Z.
96 Tracker
66 Apache camper

Offline jSager

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »

why couldn't they have kept the 2nd gen kick/tracker as well as the stupid 06 GV and new xl 7?

Because, unfortunately, there are not enough of us to buy them.  A car manufacturer cannot play to niche markets until it gets big and stable enough in the “heartâ€? of the industry.  The YJ/Liberty transition was just as hard on the Jeep crowd, but there were not enough voting with wallets, and the YJ was dumped.

I can’t blame Suzuki for going where the money is.  I’ll just be zen about it and hope they’ll come back some time in the future.

jSager

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 11:02:46 PM »

why couldn't they have kept the 2nd gen kick/tracker as well as the stupid 06 GV and new xl 7?

Because, unfortunately, there are not enough of us to buy them.  A car manufacturer cannot play to niche markets until it gets big and stable enough in the “heart� of the industry.  The YJ/Liberty transition was just as hard on the Jeep crowd, but there were not enough voting with wallets, and the YJ was dumped.

I can’t blame Suzuki for going where the money is.  I’ll just be zen about it and hope they’ll come back some time in the future.

jSager

YJ is the cherokee right? and at least the liberty is actually capable unlike the stupid new GV, liberty's have 3 link rear, the only thing I could see about them that was crap was the low hanging lower control arms and uniframe, other than that they are very comperable to a kick or non- 06 GV and have tons more power I think

I was reading up on the jimny post and I am pissed that places like germany got coil sami's and jimny's and we get crap xl 7's and stupid new GV's.. can't blame them for doing the right thing to stay in business, but I have to say, the mainstream car buyers in this country are LAME! that's why we get stupid vehicles like the 06 GV to replace good ones. just like you, I hope they come back as well
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline KETAYA

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
No good!! looks like a van, all wheel drive  :P >:(.  I'm glad I bought the 06 model. The grand vitara is o.k.! but the xl7? nah!!!

Offline TLCzuki

• Luvin my Suzukis
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2006, 08:56:19 PM »
Glad i already have an 03.  Lets have a moment of silence for the passing of suzukis lastbody frame suv.

Speak softly and carry a big stick!

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 12:20:18 AM »
Glad i already have an 03.  Lets have a moment of silence for the passing of suzukis lastbody frame suv.

Only 'cause you don't get the Jimny like we do  :P

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 04:30:02 AM »
I just went down the new car road, it wasn't pretty. I desperately wanted a new zuk, but it just wasnt in the cards. I was looking for a 2 door convertible, and there are only 2 left on the american market that I am aware of, 1 being the jeep wrangler and the other being the kia sportage, and I am even sketchy on the kia. I dismissed kia as I have known several people who had lots of problems with reliability on the kia suv, so I went with the wrangler, and even that is watered down for 07......

Sad times indeed for the off road enthusiast on the new car market.

Offline TLCzuki

• Luvin my Suzukis
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

Thanks, why don't you just rub it in and kick us while we are down. :'(

Speak softly and carry a big stick!

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »

Thanks, why don't you just rub it in and kick us while we are down. :'(

yea, I envy non-US regions cause they have the jimny
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline garbage!!!

• IFS PRIDE!!!
    • my truck's zukiworld page
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »
You are complainning too much...
we do not even have suzuki in Brasil anymore : (
I would realy like to have a new G. vit
and the new G.vit is not bad, I bet by the time we start to wheel them we are going to be prety good at tweaking independent suspensions : ) I am pretty sure with the right mods you can make it realy awesome, and you can alway SAS it for hardcore action and to ride stock those can probabily go further than a stock sidekick, we should stop complainning untill we start to work with those.
It is going to take a while for us to accept but unibodys are stronger and lighter, and those halth frame halth unibodies are nice.
and suzuki is still making their older models... you can always import those : )
http://www.seoudi.com/suzuki/frm_v_show_room.htm
http://www.chevrolet.com.co/content_data/LAAM/CO/es/GBPCO/001/BRANDSITE/default.html
http://www.suzuki.at/de/cars/products/index.asp?Start=true
http://www.chevrolet.com.ec/content_data/LAAM/EC/es/GBPEC/001/BRANDSITE/default.html
And Santana motors of Spain still makes the sidekick and with coll rounded headlights : )

But I thing I get what is making us feel awkward, the Samurai still goes on with the jimny( for some at least)...but for those of us who like the sidekick...uh the G.vitara III is not exactly tha same is it? I do not complain they started to built nicer and bigger vehicles, but I would like to see a vehicle to replace the sidekick, the new G. Vitara does not do that.
But what I realy think is that the easier path in the future is going to pick-up trucks and smaller company niche market vehicles, and I think our only option for light and tiny 4x4s are going to be the japanese ones... Ok I was forgetting...chevrolet has a joint venture and has renewed the lada niva( tiny, rugged unibody russian 4x4) take a look I think that it has potencial : )
http://www.jipemania.com/newsd/0309/chevrolet%20niva.htm
I think they do have those in Canada too, the factory is called Avtovaz not that many like them and they are not know for being the most reliable thing on earth, but this newer models seems to be reliable, I do not now how it ended up but It was going to have a chevy engine and Aisin t-case and axles.
Do not you guys have mitsubishi in US?
And take a look at what we have in Brasil for 4x4s...
http://www.agralemarrua.com.br/     
www.troller.com
          Gui
mudding aroung : ) in counryside São Paulo.