Hello Guest

finished winch bumpers, gas tank lift

• 3 Replies

Offline trailtracker

• the fixing/modification is endless!
finished winch bumpers, gas tank lift
« on: January 28, 2006, 07:24:51 AM »
i have been workin on getting these finished for awhile now. the main pieces of bumper are made with 3/16" box tube, and the pipe is 1 1/2". light tabs are 3/16". the winch carrier is not cleaned up yet and i have a few more things to weld together. sorry about the dark pic lighting isnt good in the front of the shop.
Unsafe at any speed

Offline BigPig

Re: Gas tank lift
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:24:13 PM »
I am planning on doing the tank lift when I do my body lift here in a few weeks.  I have the instructions that someone else posted, but do you know how much it was actually raised?  Thanks! :D

'89 Sidekick w/ 4.5" of lift.

Offline tracker_guy

• post whores suck
Re: finished winch bumpers, gas tank lift
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:06:08 PM »
i am thinkning about doing an internal gas tank.. gettin a nascar fuel cell or something and bolting it iside for more clearance.... i am thinkking bout 1/4 inch steel plates over everything i can underneath that are bolted on for protection... easy on easy off kinda thing.... but that will be later in lol! nice bumpers tho! gonna look awsome! ;Dcongrats

Offline trailtracker

• the fixing/modification is endless!
Re: finished winch bumpers, gas tank lift
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »
on the body lift i used 2x2x3 box tubing, and both the rubber spacers on top of it, and it came out to be about three and a quarter, and i lifted the gas tank just over three inches so the bubble on top of the tank wouldnt hit the body.  for my tank lift, i cut out the rear two crossmembers and welded in new ones, and welded on brackets in the rear and welded bolts on the front crossmember. both the crossmembers were rusty and PURPLE along with the rest of the tracker until it got fully bedlinered. the internal gas tank is a good idea, but if you have a body lift you can raise the tank enough and then you keep your center of gravity lower and have more room inside for storage.
Unsafe at any speed