Hello Guest

plowing snow with xly

• 4 Replies

Offline jjbrown

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
plowing snow with xly
« on: October 11, 2005, 09:55:12 AM »
hi all, I want to mount a snowbear plow on my xl7.  Anyone with any experience on this subject, particularly mounting the plow?  thx. :D

Offline TLCzuki

• Luvin my Suzukis
Re: plowing snow with xly
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:38:54 AM »
have you tried duct tape, JB weld or bailing wire? ;D
Sorry, no snow experience in Arizona.  i think i remembering it snowing once when I was in elemetary school, but it never stuck.  Goods luck
TLCzuki

Speak softly and carry a big stick!

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 08:20:33 PM »
Generally speaking plowing works better when you have a bigger, heavier vehicle.  My neighbor pushes snow with a 80's Ford Bronco II and it gets kinda comical sometimes when the BII just isn't big enough to move the pile of snow he has built up.  Then he has to sorta whittle away the edges.

Considered getting an old beater truck to save the wear and tear on the XL7?  It's HARD on a vehicle.

Offline jjbrown

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 10:36:58 AM »
Hi all, I am only home on weekends so as much as I would like to, fooling around with an old plow truck won't do, I just don't have the time.  I have mounted a snowbear on this xl7 and will keep you posted on how it functions.  I dosn't hinder the front suspension as I thought it may.  I can't raise it all the way as it blocks the head lights.  I will say the plow is simple, rugged, and light weight.  Just what my back needed.  I agree, plowing is hard on a vehicle, and one must be extremely careful and not push the truck beyond itself.  It is what it is, and I will keep all posted with a pic in case others are interested in trying the same.  cheers... ;D

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »

http://www.rocky-road.com/kicksnowplow.html

Snowplows designed for your Suzuki Sidekick, Vitara, Grand Vitara, or Geo Tracker

Don't throw away any more money paying someone to push your snow when you can do it yourself and have some fun at the same time. There's nothing like getting out and playing in your Suzuki/Geo in a snowstorm.... and you'll have a good excuse to! No hydraulics to connect, all electric and bolton for a super easy installation.

Click on the photo above for more information on our great snowplow system and accessories for your Suzuki or Geo.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 04:43:42 PM by 97TRAKIN »