Hello Guest

Offset steel wheel suppliers in UK??

• 4 Replies

Offline the rat

Offset steel wheel suppliers in UK??
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »
I'm looking for some offset steelies for the samurai. I've found some suppliers of steel wheels but none of them are offset as far as i can see. I'm looking for 15x7 15x8 or possibly 15x10.
I've googled loads on it but maybe i'm typing the wrong thing? ???

They don't have to be new either, so if somebody can point me in the direction of a set off something else that will fit (available in uk) then i'd be equally impressed as they are a little bit heavy to be importing ;)
If you only make one mod.. make sure its a td engine!

95 Sj high top
Volkswagen1600 TD Intercooler
Petroworks clutch 2" backspaced wheels 31x11.5x15

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
Re: Offset steel wheel suppliers in UK??
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »
I know a few people that have dealt with Formula 4x4 in Staffs and have been very pleased with them. They're on the web somewhere www.formula4x4.com or similar. What offset were you looking for? You might be better off specifying backspacing instead, that seems to be a more common measurement for  Zuks, stock is 95mm.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 01:16:40 PM by Rhinoman »
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline the rat

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »
Thanks Rhinoman, seem pretty well priced but it doesn't say wether i can specify backspacing.

I think i read somewhere that the smaller the backspacing in inches/mm the more the wheel sticks out, is that right?

I already have 37mm wheel spacers, how much further can i go safely and without changing wheel bearings every other week?  ;)

My friend has the 16" grand vitara steels, does anybody know what backspacing these are?

:)
If you only make one mod.. make sure its a td engine!

95 Sj high top
Volkswagen1600 TD Intercooler
Petroworks clutch 2" backspaced wheels 31x11.5x15

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »
Stock Grand Vitara rims have 4" of backspacing (101.6mm) as far as I know.  Mine do and I haven't seen anyone say theirs are different.

You are correct, the smaller the backspacing the farther out the wheel goes.  A 2" backspaced wheel would have the outer lip 2" further out from the vehicle than a similar size but 4" backspaced wheel.

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 05:07:05 AM »
Thanks Rhinoman, seem pretty well priced but it doesn't say wether i can specify backspacing.

I think i read somewhere that the smaller the backspacing in inches/mm the more the wheel sticks out, is that right?

I already have 37mm wheel spacers, how much further can i go safely and without changing wheel bearings every other week?  ;)

My friend has the 16" grand vitara steels, does anybody know what backspacing these are?

:)

Your best bet is to give them a ring. They will probably have or be able to get the rims with various backspacing measurements
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org