Hello Guest

Original Sami colors, opinions please

• 5 Replies

Offline alfonse

Original Sami colors, opinions please
« on: November 14, 2005, 01:42:58 PM »
I just picked up an 87 Sami that is the tan putty color.  The paint is pretty good.  Are there folks who like this color?  I was considering changing the color to white, but hate to change the original color if folks exist who really like it.  I'm going to resell the vehicle and can either change the color, or keep it original.

I find it easier to change the color if it starts out gray, black, etc.  That way, if I paint it red or something it looks nice if I do the jambs and take it to the weather strip.

So, do folks like this tan?  I'm not nuts about it.

Thanks,
Alfonse

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
Re: Original Sami colors, opinions please
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:57:31 PM »
Show me a pic. I've never seen a tan one.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 03:34:38 PM »
Leave it tan ... great base color if someone (or you) wanted to do a camo job ...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 06:51:31 AM »
I just picked up an 87 Sami that is the tan putty color.  The paint is pretty good.  Are there folks who like this color?  I was considering changing the color to white, but hate to change the original color if folks exist who really like it.  I'm going to resell the vehicle and can either change the color, or keep it original.

I find it easier to change the color if it starts out gray, black, etc.  That way, if I paint it red or something it looks nice if I do the jambs and take it to the weather strip.

So, do folks like this tan?  I'm not nuts about it.

Thanks,
Alfonse

Where are you located? Maybe you could sell me this Samurai and buy one the color you want?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline alfonse

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 02:48:43 PM »
It would be a great base for camo!  I've got the Sami in Everett, WA.  I'll probably just leave it stock color and shoot it in enamel, like Centari.

Thanks,
Al

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 03:21:13 PM »
if you are a Bablyon5 fan ... I've always thought a "vorlon" paint scheme would be just tooo kewl :) ... in fact my wife is tryin to get me to do just that ...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it