Hello Guest

Tires.... again.

• 23 Replies

Offline Cwkick

Re: Tires.... again.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 12:07:28 PM »
How about these!

Keith has them and likes them a lot!  The price is very good also!

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/sizes.html

Cwkick

Offline dustyz

• Leaving a trail wherever I go...
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 12:22:14 PM »
Hey, some of those are nice!

Where's his review of them? Green Diamond? Never heard of them... then again, I haven't heard of many of these thangs. :)

Thanks for the link...
---
dustyz

'92 Tracker 4x4 Auto

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 02:45:42 PM »
:NOTE:  Since I wrote this article, I have discovered that these tires are the WORST out of round, shaking pieces of crap ever installed on a vehicle. They have a lot of nerve selling these as a premium all terrain tire! : I exchanged them for the BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO series tires everyone else has been talking about, those were fine. Vehicle is good to go now on AND off the road.

I just installed a set of P235/75R15 Sigma Stampede tires onto my 96 Tracker.

Here is a link to their website. http://www.tbcprivatebrands.com/sigma/viewline.asp?id=88

They werent as much money as the BFGoodrich All Terrain KO and seem a close match in agressiveness. I did a four wheel alignment at the time they mounted them, and it drives like a completely different vehicle. The mechanic showed me the print outs, it was horribly out of alignment, with severe toe-in on both fronts causing severe tire wear, shimmy and poor steering. It pulled quite a lot to the right as well. All those syptoms are gone, and it handles like a dream now.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 02:05:31 PM by pcguy »

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 04:48:01 PM »
I'm really wanting something that looks agressive guys... something that will stand out.

I am leaning towards this tire after reading the reviews on tirerack.com. Everyone seems to like it...

Kumho Road Venture MT 834
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+MT+834&partnum=375QR5VMTOWL
http://www.cheneytire.com/performance/kumho/images_kumo/834.jpg

The BFG's look like something you would find on an everyday pick-up... and I don't want that. It also sounds like these tires aren't exactly friendly with the mud... which I may run into a few times. :)

These Kumho's are well into my price range |removethispart|@ $80-90...  have a good lifespan... and seem to perform well on and off the road. The coopers seem fine as well, but they were about $40 more than these tires...

Is this a bad idea? What will I lose by going with a offroad MT?

Kumho makes good stuff but watch the tread depth.  Some of their smaller sizes (under 31's) have pretty shallow tread depth.  If I'm buying a truck tire I expect truck tire tread depth, not car tire tread depth.

I like the High-Tec retreads myself.  Only problem is there's a guy over on Zuwarrie that's been waiting for his set for a month and they still haven't given him a straight answer on why or when.  Makes me squeemish about buying from them...will the set I'm looking at getting take as long?

Offline Fat Jake

• Broke ass fool.
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 05:19:33 PM »
I've been curious about the retread tires for a while now.
Has anyone had them and had any problems with them?
5spd 90 Kick 4x4 aka Zuk Nukem

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 05:27:12 PM »
Depends on the retreads.

High-Tecs I've heard nothing but good about their quality and service up until now.  Got to look at a set this summer on a guy's Bronco II and I liked them.  However now with the delay thing...I'm wary, I'll say that much.

Old school glue-on-the-tread retreads?  Ick, no thanks.

Offline derekj

• i'm the canadian guy eh?
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 11:08:46 PM »
interco makes good tires - and they look great!

this is the ssr radial. the truxus m/t is even better in the snow but does not come smaller than 31"

derek
91 Sidekick jx
2" BDS supension lift
2" BDS body lift
1" Coil spacers
32" TSL's and some other stuff I did And now with a Lockrite!  www.cardomain.com/memberpage/783382

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 11:29:05 PM »
Too bad he does not want a set of those, I have a set of ssr's 31x10.5 mounted on rockkrawler rims that look like new laying around, there great tires for a low horse power rig because the tires are self cleaning, the mud just falls off of them, I went to 33's a while back and will stay with them,trying to save up for some ltb's or traxus if I can afford them.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 03:29:35 AM »
I've got the TrXus MT's in 255/85R16 (33x10.5R16) on my Ranger.  Love 'em.  It really is too bad the shortest they make them in is 31".  If they made them smaller I'd DEFINATELY run a set on the GV and whatever else I have/get.