Hello Guest

Success at Last - Kudos for DG Tuning

• 0 Replies

Offline billj

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Success at Last - Kudos for DG Tuning
« on: October 06, 2003, 03:10:26 AM »
After suffering at the hands of an obscure EFI system from a German market Swift, I finally succeeded in figuring it all out!!

IT RUNS!!!

I ended up having to use a disty from a carburated Samurai, removing the ignitor from the inside, sending the magnetic sensor signal directly to the ECM. I also had to fix firm the mechanical advance and not use the vacuum advance, since the ECM advances the timing electronically.

All that remains now are small things, like tying up the wiring harness and installation of the dash.

If anyone is thinking about the Swift swap, I now have LOTS of experience and info........

BTW, I´d like to send a HUGE thank you to Dieter Duytschaever, the owner of DG Tuning in Belgium. I purchased the disty adapter from him for this project and when I discovered these electrical problems, Dieter went WAY above the call of duty to help me out, searching all over Europe and finally finding in France the ECM schematic. He also offered a lot of advice on troubleshooting the system. 100% customer satisfaction......

dgtuning.com

Bill
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 05:19:30 AM by ebewley »