Hello Guest

Parts Suppliers

• 13 Replies

Offline speedytang

Parts Suppliers
« on: December 25, 2003, 01:55:07 AM »
I am new to the Tracker scene and have just purchased a 94 and need to find places that sell front bumpers and winch mounts and all the skid plates. I have always owned Jeeps but now own a house that has 12 miles of old railroad tracks and so I purchased the Tracker to explorer the areas. The Jeep was way to wide and didn't want to destroy it. I do searches but the Sami is about everything that pulls up. Thanks for the help.

Offline wolf66

Re: Parts Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 02:00:17 AM »
Well both companies i would send you to, Calmini and RockyRoad both have banners at the top of this site....
Just hit reload till the right ad comes up.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 02:01:22 AM by wolf66 »
'96 Suzuki X90-4" lift-snorkle-30x9.5's on 8x15 wheels-5.12 gears-winch-added rear seat-DT header-PioneerMP3-CB-GPS-roof rack-rear mounted full size spare

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 03:18:16 AM »
Also Hawk Strictly Suzuki (who also has a banner here) is great for used replacement parts and some new parts as well.  Prices are very reasonable usually for stuff that otherwise would be a dealer only type thing (and cost an arm and a leg).  I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and they've always been well informed and courteous.  Of particular interest are their remanufactured ECUs.  If you burn one up it's about 1k+ from the dealer.  They'll reman one for I believe 300 or so (been a few years since I got one so don't quote me on that) and it has a 12 month/12000 mile warranty which is much better than the dealership policy of you installed it, it's yours, too bad, when it comes to electrical parts.

Offline speedytang

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 07:38:33 AM »
I have went to those locations, is that the best that is offered. Calmini does not even offer online catalog. I guess for a truck that has been manufactured as long as the Suzuki that more would be offered.

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2003, 07:42:17 AM »
Pretty much all that's in Calmini's catalog is on their website.  The majority of the catalog is Samurai items though.  They have a few other things listed in the catalog like hardtops but the website pretty much covers their offerings.

Here's the main URL for tracker/kick stuff.

http://www.puresuzuki.com/sidekick_tracker.htm

Just click on the categories on the left hand side.  If you're used to the sheer amount of parts available for a Jeep, you're probably not going to feel like there's much out there.  Unlike a Jeep, you'll probably find yourself blazing new trails to create modifications a good deal of the time if you seriously want to do much with it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 07:44:54 AM by Z3bra »

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 10:34:31 AM »
you have to get creative with your tracker.  some parts you will need to fab like the great gas tank lift, homemade idler arm brace and full belly pan.  this is what makes us so much diffent from the jeep guys.  we need to use are heads and build our own stuff insted of picking up a catalog.  lata stu

Offline speedytang

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 11:18:50 AM »
Looking at Calmini again, I guess the front heavy duty front bumper with winch mount is what I am looking for but the $500 price isn't.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 09:24:30 PM »
Unless you can fab it yourself, you are looking at $400-$500 for a good durable bumper.
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 12:26:42 AM »
Yeah I love the Calmini front winch bumper and rear one with the swingaway carrier.  Unfortunately I don't love their price.  

Considering the design though I don't think it's really out of line.  With the faceted setup they probably have to get each piece laser cut to spec and then spend a good deal of time with it in a jig welding it up and then there's probably 50-100 bucks in powder coating cost too.  (Unless it's painted, dunno haven't seen one in person)  

Granted for what it is laser cutting is pretty reasonably priced.  If you can send the place doing it a standard CAD file it's not bad at all.

Now if I can just win the 170 million dollar Powerball jackpot on Saturday I'll just buy my own laser cutter and so forth and give Calmini a run for their money.  (yeah right like that's gonna happen).

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2003, 01:29:48 AM »
If you have one made see if you can find a local fab shop that can powder coat. I decided to paint my bumper, rock sliders and cage, now I get to re-paint it about once a year :P It would of been well worth the money if I would of done it ahead of time. Our local powercoating connection charges alot for set up but not much per-piece. If you can line up other people needing something done in the same color it wont be to expensive.
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline lil_Truck

• Eric Gardner
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 08:28:11 AM »
I get a lot of Jeep guy's asking me where I got my front bumper (Calimini) and do they make one for a Jeep?

The price range is resonable compaired to Jeep parts of the same quality.

Going to get the rear this spring!!!  ;D
e-mail: liltruck|removethispart|@comcast.net
96 Tracker
6" Calimini Lift with custom Frame
32 MTR's Warn 8000i
Front/Rear ARB's Many New Mods soon.

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 08:47:23 AM »
Black powdercoating is usually dirt cheap since about 90% of what they do is in black. That's what the powdercoating place told my brother in law anyway when he went to get some things done.  He could have got his springs done for free if they didn't require getting the existing powdercoating removed first.

My friend has the cheapo Harbor Freight powdercoating setup that you can pick up on sale for 50 bucks or so sometimes or 100 bucks if it doesn't happen to be on sale.  

For as cheap as it was, it really works good, he's done a bunch of stuff on his car with it using an old oven in his garage.  (kinda handy that his girlfriend works at an appliance repair place and scored a working if a bit ugly oven just for powdercoating) He ordered a ton of nice color powders including some polished aluminum looking ones from somewhere online so he's just been going nuts with the damn thing.  Basically if it's small enough to fit in the old oven he powder coats it.  Wouldn't work for a bumper but for small stuff it's great.  Only catch is that you need an air compressor for the gun but I've been pretty impressed with the results of the stuff he's coated in his garage.

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 09:21:57 AM »
why not  just cut the calmini bumper in half and throw in in their???  i don't understand?  ;D lol  lata stu

Offline speedytang

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 10:24:21 AM »
I am going to order that front bumper but have not decided on the rear yet. I am going to mount a removable hitch on the front for my RV and that bumper gives me a lot of mounting location because of the strength.