Hello Guest

Interco TrXus MT

• 8 Replies

SpinalTap

Interco TrXus MT
« on: December 28, 2003, 08:45:35 AM »
I am wondering if any of you have had experience with the Interco TrXus MTs on a TracKick. I am thinking of getting a set of 31X10.5 for my trucklet. From what I've read so far they would be good tires for the environment where I live, ie good on ice/snow and mud. Although most of the reviews have been on ollllo's which are a tad heavier than our flyweights ;)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 08:48:59 AM by SpinalTap »

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
Re: Interco TrXus MT
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 10:46:46 AM »
Be aware of the sidewall plys, ie. 6, 8 or 10 ply. This makes a tire 'harder' for the street as it won't deflect well with the 'light weight' Trackick. Adjusting tire pressures for street comfort could work, but then again, it'll be personal preference to the type of ride. Myself, I don't like a Cadillac ride.
Lenexa, KS

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 12:02:16 PM »
I would steer away from the Truxus MT. Weve had many problems with out o round tires. The SSR has awsome durability but road use it does draw a little extra power. The Plain radial swamper has good road manners but the sidwalls puncture easier like a BFG MT. So you cant have your cake and eat it too!

:P
Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
    • ShrockWorks - 4x4 Products
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 01:26:33 PM »
I'm thinking about the same tire for mine.  I've heard good things about them.
Jim Shrake

www.ShrockWorks.com[/url]

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 03:42:30 AM »
I saw the review that petersen's 4W&OR did and they said that Interco hit a home run with it.  they said that it would out run BFG M/T anyday.  they tested them on a  heep cherokee which is closer to our weigh then a full size chevy.  they said even after 10K they where still a good tire.  lata stu

SpinalTap

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 04:27:19 AM »
Thanks for the input guys  :) I'm still waffling between the TrXus (31X10.5) and the Nokian Vatiiva (LT31X10.5) http://www.nokiantires.com. The Nokian would be better onroad with very good cold weather characteristics, but I haven't heard a thing about the offroad ability. The side lugs are very even with tighter spacing compared to the TrXus or most other MT tires.

I saw a set of TrXus' on a new RAM 2500 the other day, I was paying particular attention to run out of the treads and they had none that I could see as he was driving. Having said that I have no reason to doubt Mike or his experience and I would be very careful to ensure all 5 were not out of round if I were to purchase them.

Offline TomKat

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 10:36:33 AM »
I wheel frequently with a guy who is running truxxus 33's on his cj-5. Has had them for nearly a year and he loves them. They are a bit stiffer than the BFG's but are very durable and grip very well on rocks. He DD's it all summer and they are wearing near perfect. I am considering a set as IMHO SSR's are too much $ for me.
88.5 Sammy,YJ's,33's,Yota axles,4.9-1 'case,dents and rust...

Offline bandit86

• elv8rguy
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 11:02:31 AM »
I run Dayton timberline mt.  33x12.5x15,  At full pressure (35psi) I got stuck once  I forgot to check when I picked it up from the tire place. I run 18 on street, at 15,psi  I go through everything, never even had to give 'er, never slipped.  Throws mud nice, cleans out good, nice tread.
TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO JEEP HAS GONE BEFORE!

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 11:33:43 AM »
I was told if you get a set of tires that have stiff
sidewalls, drive them at like 1 PSI slowly around
a parking lot until the sidewalls soften up for
better off road flex, but DO NOT OVER HEAT the
sidewalls, warm to the touch only, then re-inflate
to street pressure.
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.