Hello Guest

Brakes upgrade

• 4 Replies

Offline krittergitter1

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Brakes upgrade
« on: March 13, 2022, 10:42:27 AM »
Has anyone upgraded the standard tracker / sidekick brakes to the sidekick sport brakes that are bigger. If so what all needs to be changed and did you encounter issues with the swap

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Brakes upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 06:16:05 PM »
I have been looking into the brake upgrade options as well.  Do you have a 4 dr or 2 dr?  I have actually been looking at upgrading to XL7 brakes, but that is just because I have one for parts.  One thing for sure, with Sport or XL7 brakes, you will need to upgrade to 16" wheels.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline krittergitter1

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 07:14:01 PM »
I have a 2 door tintop. Yes you 16” wheels on the front unless you add wheel spacers.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 06:51:01 PM »
In your case, you can just upgrade to 4 dr front brakes.  Not positive what all is involved, but you would get a larger vented rotor and I think a bigger caliper.  I believe the rear drum brakes are also larger.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 09:00:23 AM »
+1 on this.... :)  -Eric

In your case, you can just upgrade to 4 dr front brakes.  Not positive what all is involved, but you would get a larger vented rotor and I think a bigger caliper.  I believe the rear drum brakes are also larger.
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!