Hello Guest

2009 Grand Vit 2'' lift, Pro Comp vs Ironman & Tyre size

• 1 Replies

Offline Rabbit010

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
2009 Grand Vit 2'' lift, Pro Comp vs Ironman & Tyre size
« on: July 18, 2016, 12:20:28 PM »
Hello

I've just bought a 2009 Grand Vit and need a bit of advice on the lift and tyre clearance. Is there any disadvantage to having front spacers instead of longer springs on the front? I think Ill be happy with a 2'' lift so I'm comparing the Pro Comp from jimnybits to the Ironman 4x4 lift which I think has front springs instead of spacers (my laptop won't load the ironman 4x4 website properly so I'm not sure that's accurate). Im used to lifting solid axle vehicles so I'm not really up to speed on the IFS on the grand vitara. Will I need anything other than the springs and shocks on the rear and the spacers and caster bolts on the front?

After the 2'' lift what size tires will I be able to run? Im not afraid of getting the grinder out to make some space and I probably won't be doing anything too boggy so I'm planning on running AT's.

Thanks

Online fordem

Re: 2009 Grand Vit 2'' lift, Pro Comp vs Ironman & Tyre size
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 12:43:12 PM »
The ProComp kit consists of spacers that mount between the macpherson strut assembly and the strut tower, spacing the entire front suspension down, and springs & shocks for the rear, the Ironman kit, as far as I can tell, has springs for both front & rear, along with struts for the front & shocks for the rear.

In theory, the ironman kit would be the better of the two, assuming that the struts & shocks allow for longer travel, and are properly matched to the springs.

Two things to be aware of - first - the rear bushing of the front control arm has been known to fail prematurely on stock height vehicles that see off road use, lifting the vehicle is likely to further aggravate this - it is, in my opinion, a design flaw (the suspension is better suited to a FWD sedan than an AWD crossover SUV), and lifting the rear does not lift the rear arms which are prone to dragging in the dirt.

Sorry - I can't help with tire sizes.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny