Hello Guest

Trade for Sammy? 91 CRX Si (PA) - Large Images

• 1 Replies

Trade for Sammy? 91 CRX Si (PA) - Large Images
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »
EDIT:  I read the sticky at the top of the forum, and realized that 'trade' posts are not allowed.  I am sinscere about the trade, but if the moderators must delete it, please do so.

I've always loved sammys, and I have a CRX I've lost interest in, so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else is in a similar situation.

I have a 1991 CRX Si with 150,000 +/-, and I'm looking to sell or trade.

The CRX is in terrific mechanical shape. I've owned it since 2004, and it is completely reliable. I have personally replaced hundreds of items, which we can discuss if you're interested.

The highlights are rebuilt (origional matching numbers) D16A6 motor, with a new clutch about 25k miles ago - it's riding on Eibach Sportline springs, and adjustable Koni Yellow shocks - I have 5 HX wheels with Falcon Azenis-RT 615's on them(shown below), and it has the original wheels (swirlies) with snow tires on them (like new) - the interior is complete and clean - the exterior was painted by me a few years ago (it looks awesome at 6' away, looks like crap at 6" away), the clearcoat is a little rough, and has a small bit of rust forming on the drivers rear wheel arch - the motor is unmodified except for stainless steel heat wrapped header, and 2.25" exhaust (no cat) with a magnaflow muffler - it has a legit Wings West urethane Mugen body kit on it (not fiberglass), I also will include all the original trim - pioneer head unit with iPod hookup - all new Honda bushings - adjustable front and rear camber - and a new sunroof panel (a common expensive rust spot).

I'd be willing to stake my reputation that it's mechanically the best CRX within 100 miles.  Everything works.. no check engine lights; air conditioning works; everything functions the way it should.  It's is incredibly reliable, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it from the East coast to the West.  It burns, or leaks nothing.

The body is solid and rust free (with the exception of the wheel arch rust mentioned above).  The jack points are completely solid, the inner fenders are solid, and the reinforcing rails are solid, and dent free.  As I mentioned above, the paint is a 6/10 - I painted it myself years ago, and it really should be repainted.  That being said, it is all one color, and looks terrific from 6' away.. which is more than can be said for most CRX's I've seen.

I'm the second owner of the car (I can provide a carfax), and it has never been molested / engine swaped / hacked up.  CRX's like this are becoming very uncommon.  The only thing preventing this from being a $6500 car is the paint.

The car is quick, handles like new, and gets 34mpg city (44mpg highway) 87 octane. I also have it inspected until 2013.

I've raced autocross for years, and this is the car I've raced for the past few seasons.  The car was raced... not abused.  Like offroaders, race drivers frequently maintain their vehicles over and above what's required, and I'm no exception.

I've bought an S2000, so I raced that the second half of this past season, and I think I'll continue racing it.

Included in the sale / trade is the car, two sets of wheels and tires (summer and winter), a myriad of spare parts, the original trim (to make it look stock), the original seats, the original springs and shocks, and half a gallon of Rio Red PPG Base / Clear paint (at $350 a gallon, ouch).

I'd be interested in taking offers for streetable samurais.  No rock buggies, please.  Hard top / soft top, whatever.  1.6L swaps are a plus.   I'm looking to get $3500 for the car, or a similarly priced trade.  I can drive it about an hour in any direction if you'd like to meet up.  I'm located North of Scranton (18446).

Text me if you'd like: five7oh eight7eight six14ate

Desmond

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:36:46 PM by Mixelplix »

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Trade for Sammy? 91 CRX Si (PA) - Large Images
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:56:15 AM »
This would be a great deal for the guy wanting to make his sammy into and 80mph commuter. Just swap for this!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER