Hello Guest

LowRangeOffroad Review

• 10 Replies

Offline super pc

LowRangeOffroad Review
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »
If I put this in the wrong section, my bad, Mods, move it if need be.

Okay, here's the days events.  First I get a call from the local machine shop, Jeff tells me that the crank is too bad and will need to be welded, to do that, it must be sent down south, two week turn around.  I tell him to hold off for a few and let me figure something out.  Bear in mind, I only have $1k to get her back on the road.  I had ordered the OTT steering and Mighty Kong cradle from Lowrange, theres $580 spent, factored in the $420 to get my engine kit here.  With the crank being the hold back, I figured I would just get a junk yard crank, well, they wont sell just the crank.  That said, I buy a whole engine, get it home.  I get it on the stand, pop the head, what do you know, pistons toasted, bores are royaly done.  So now I am down to the last $40 in the budget.  I set the number, so I am damn well going to stick to it.  I started thinking, and realized, the Sami doesn't NEED the steering at this moment, it's in decent condition and serviceable.  Now, I called Lowrange, expecting the worst of course.  I spoke with Jaren (hope I spelled it right), told him the situation, and that I need to get the engine master and skip on the OTT setup for the time being.  He said it;s not a problem, put me on hold, grabbed the whole order off the ship stack, and said he will hold it on his desk and when I get the needed measurements, we can cancel the OTT and insert the master kit.  Of course our conversation was longer, but I will spare everyone the chit chat. 

Moral of the story is, LowRangeOffroad has the best customer service of any off road parts house and/or fabricator I have dealt with, very highly recommend them!!!

87 Sami- SPOA, 2" springs, HID 7"x2, 32X11.50 TSL's, aftermarket buckets, 3 piece top, hi-lift, Thorley header, magnaflow full system, weber carb, OTT

08 Tundra Leveling kit, 34's, charcoal stockers, tinted tails, 5% tint all around, JVC deck, Pioneer 12", 300w Rockford amp

Offline BLOODBANE

Re: LowRangeOffroad Review
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »
I've been getting some stuff from them lately. Had one item they were out of (non Priority for me), notified of me it, and shipped out fast. Great company.
84 Ranger/6" lift/347 stroker/C-6/35"Boggers/lockers F&R-94 Explorer/7"lift/35'BFGs/lockers F&R/87 Samurai 6"SPOA,6.5:1 T-case, soon 1.6 16v,32" Pro-Comp MT's.

Online fordem

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:43:06 AM »
I've been verrrry happy with their customer service - because of where I am, I have my orders shipped to my sister in Florida and pick them up when I pass through - and I can rely on them to have my stuff where I need it to be, when I need it to be there.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:03:46 AM »
Very good customer service, and they will do everything they can for you. But they, as well as you, can be held hostage by outside vendors. I have had nothing but excellent service from them.
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline ZukRebuild

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
I do like low range offroad but I recently check out rods samurai salvage it's cheap with most stuff and it has everything checkit out at samuraisalvage.com
Nothing beats a samurai

what the hell you looking down here for? haha

Offline super pc

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »
UPDATE: Jaren told me to expect all my parts next tuesday, well, received my UPS info yesterday, every bit of it is slated for delivery tomorrow!!!  That is 2 day shipping!  I am definately going to be a repeat customer.

I am going to check out that sami salvage right now, thanks for the lead!
87 Sami- SPOA, 2" springs, HID 7"x2, 32X11.50 TSL's, aftermarket buckets, 3 piece top, hi-lift, Thorley header, magnaflow full system, weber carb, OTT

08 Tundra Leveling kit, 34's, charcoal stockers, tinted tails, 5% tint all around, JVC deck, Pioneer 12", 300w Rockford amp

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »
Just had to add my $.02:

I've ordered stuff from just about every aftermarket suzuki vendor out there...had mostly good experiences (a few bad, but I won't bring that up).  Sean and the guys at Low Range have always had the best prices, the best customer service, the fastest shipping, best communication, and have always provided me with the best all around customer service.  They put extra care into the packing in each shipment (everything is always heavily padded and cling wrapped, and all voids in the box are completely filled) ensuring that noting gets damaged...or even scuffed during shipping.  Almost all of my orders have shipped the same or next day after I placed my order; most times everything is on my doorstep in 2 or 3 days.  Shipping costs are reasonable, too; its obvious they aren't jacking up shipping/handling costs to make an extra few $$. 
Even better...Sean has been able to get me products that they do no normally carry.  I have ordered rod ends, lockers for the rockwell axles in my deuce, PSC hydraulic steering kits and components, and more.  He has always been able to meet or beat the best price I can find online, and in the case of the full hydro kit for my Deuce, beat the best quote I received significantly.
All of the employees seem to be knowledgeable about the products they sell, and have firsthand experience with many of the items.  Nothing beats a company and employees who actually use the products they sell!   
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline super pc

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »
I miss my duece!!! although mine was usually heading towards battle, lol.  Hydro? True spirit of the duece is its thumb breaking fun!  Keep'em out!

Offline ranger88den

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »
From my experience, I'll also give a nod to Low Range.

Offline Freak

• !
    • Freakreation
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
Here Here...

I only use Low Range now and I'm in BC. I prefer to order through them than local guys just because the customer service is top notch.

Offline super pc

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:21:04 PM »
'Nother update:  Correct size pistons and rings are due in tomorrow, with the correct measurements.  Machine shop has the engine ready for assembly, just need the pistons!

On another note, I am looking into propane injection.  Just for the ease of installation and trail friendliness.  I do have some concerns though.  I live in Commiefornia.  I have done a little research on if its legal, the laws are worded to not be deciphered and constantly contradict themselves.  Does anyone have any insight on this or should I start a fresh thread on the subject?