Hello Guest

Toyota Starlet carb for samurai

• 4 Replies

Toyota Starlet carb for samurai
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
I have an 86 sami I am sick of the stock carb. I have heard about the Toyota Starlet carb working but need some opinions before i waste more money. What year/model works and how easy is the install. I dug around a bit in here but did not see anything.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Toyota Starlet carb for samurai
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »
Boxcar did the swamp off of a Toyota Carola, he has been pretty happy with it:

http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/technical-discussion-performance-modify/corola-carb-swap/

The other popular swap is the Webber and the Harley Side-Draft from ZOR.  I know people who are running both and the Harley carb is better for power and not stalling out on hills, but not quite as good of mileage.  Both are concidered improvements over the finicky Asian carb.

If your willing to work on the stocker a bit try replacing your vacuum lines.  They are key to getting the stock carb to run properly.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
awesome thank you! ordering the carb in the morning

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
Let us know how it works out!
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »
I have been running the starlet carb for a couple of years and it works great.Power is just under the webber but offroad driveablity is awsome.You can crawl with it going up or down hills is no problem its hard too stall,When you put it on you are going to remove the large vacuum fitting under carb on manifold and plug it. it is no big deal to do.The years 84-85 but dont use the one for high altitude app. it will have extra vac. fitting on floatbowl.Good luck.