Hello Guest

New to Zukiworld!

• 3 Replies

Offline XEARLX

New to Zukiworld!
« on: July 07, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
Hey guys what's goin on.

As you can see I'm new here. I recently bought an 88 samurai. It's sitting on 8" of lift with 33's.  As of tight now it needs a front axles shaft but everything else is pretty solid. Has about 35000 miles on it.

Offline mrdezyne

Re: New to Zukiworld!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »
Welcome, I'm also a newbie with same year, lift, and tire size.  My PO however was a moron and it looks like I'll be going through every system to rebuild/replace what he has screwed up.  You should see how tight the rear rubber brake lines are!  I think they may actually be keeping the axle and springs from full down travel, he failed to replace with extended lines when he did the SPOA and shackles.  Also my wheels have a whoping 6" back space so there might be 1/4" clearance between sidewall and springs... ahhhhh, at least I have a sammy I can build now... been wanting one for years.
Please disregard the giant cigarette attached to the side of my sammy, its actually a decent homeade snorkle but I need to find the top cap for it instead of the filter element its running now...

Only 35000 miles?  Lucky!

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 08:06:13 AM »
Welcome to you both.... The Black Sammy look like a pretty decent start vehicle to work with. Not sure about the Moron part but at any rate the PO did get you into a vehicle that you thought you could work with in your price range. Good Luck with your project Zuks.....
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline XEARLX

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
thank you for the welcome.

My sammy is out there man. it needs work but i cant beat what i got for the price and how it is as it sits...... i need to rewire just about everything on the truck. recently the power steering just went and i need to redo that, along with my front axle shaft needs to be replaced. the body needs some work as well but in all do time will it get done.

here's my Sammy Sweatheart: