Hello Guest

My calmini Struts

• 45 Replies

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: My calmini Struts
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
Isn't Calmini big into Nissan? I guess he likes his Calmini Nissan stuff, and why shouldn't he? ( aside from being a dick.) 
It's pretty common knowledge that the supplied struts and shocks in the Calmini kit are regular off the shelf replacement stuff, nothing special or heavy duty inferred about them. It's also common knowledge , or should be to anyone who's frequented this forum more than once and who may be contemplating buying a lift kit, that theres plenty of past discussion of all the pros and cons of such kit. I was offered the opportunity as I believe most Calmini kit buyers are, of eliminating the shocks and struts from their kit and paying a reduced price which I thought was fair. This gives the buyer a chance to upgrade to a higher performance shock and strut without wasting money on the standard stuff and having to get rid of it later. I say do your homework first. No one with any experience using this stuff reasonably expects el-cheapo vato zone dampers to hold up to a full on lift kit, even if you only wheel in parking lots. Just sayin.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER