Hello Guest

Project "Rhino"

• 42 Replies

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Project "Rhino"
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
Those Cheby exhaust flanges are only about $3 from Jegs.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 08:37:54 PM »
 Plus shiping/handling of, what is it now, another $10? I think that I am going to try the local Carquest/Napa before I start hacking up that much for simply "S&H" purposes. If nothing else, I can simply template the bolt pattern. Heck, I think that I will go that way, as I need to make some templates anyways for the roofrack that I want to make.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
Okay. So it has been awhile since I have updated the thread, so here is some for now, with pictures being posted after the camera charges.  The "Rhino" is now sitting on 32x11.50x15 mud tires, finishing up the exhaust system, and the fun part... re-working the shifters so that they actually DO shift, since the body lift kinda sucked the Xcase shifter through the floor, and the tranny is stuck in 1st gear.  Oh, and I went ahead and stuffed the fueltank up higher. It is SO nice to not see the fueltank hanging down anymore.

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:12 AM »
Okay. Here are the most recent pictures, as promised last night.

What I stole the tires/wheels off of ( you can see the theft in progess, if you compare the wheels ).

All 4 installed. FWIW, putting a B/L on by yourself BLOWS, esp. when you go to "square" the body back up on the frame.

WHAT gastank hanging down???  :-*

Pretty much covers my thoughts on the subject.

Well, back to work...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:35:58 AM by Trackasaurouswrex »

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »
Been playin' around with the "Rhino" and I am going to have to "adjust" the lower balljoints location to make room for the 32's to be able to turn. I also had to replace the blower fan, since it decided to lock up on me. I dug around in the parts pile and came up with a fan from a mid-90s' Cavalier. It fits in the housing, bolt holes liine up perfectly, the fan is a little bit taller, but, this thing moves some SERIOUS air. I kicked it on "high" and it moved enough air to blow the owners manual off of the dashboard. This ought to be really nice next winter!

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
Tomorrow is the big day: test drive time. Hopefully, she will do what she should, and NOT what I dread. :-\  I still need to figure out the high idle problem, but that will be after the test run. See ya' back here later with updates, and, hopefully, some pictures of the run.  ;D

Offline Jluck

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
good luck with 'er
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
Well. Today DEFINATELY had mixed results. Good things about today: made it back home own her power, survived standing on her spare tire rack while trying to climb out of the creek, saw NOTHING but SKY and one lone bird.  :o   only blew one front axleshaft. Bad things: NEED to replace tailgate, driverside taillight, driverside seat (was grey, is now Biological Brown) one axleshaft needs replaced, engine fan decided to say hello to radiator. Oh, and the clutch is REALLY not happy with me after the attempted hill climb. All this because I decided to leave the creekbed where the sandrails do: up a 8-9 FOOT 60-65* angled slope. Lesson learned for the day: Trackers ARE NOT crazy about trying to go vertical, and WILL show their displeasure, given the chance.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
But did you make it?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »
 Yeah, about 4 feet over to the righthand side. The slope is not near as bad, but it will still get your attention. You have to run&gun to make it. I will put some pictures up later of the slopes, and the poor "Rhinos'" tail. Time for some rear armour!

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »
Lets see some of those pictures!!!   ;D

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »
I will get some pictures up, but it might be awhile. My computer decided to make like a BIG BANK and C  R  A  S  H. I have had to dig out my old computer, and the card reader is no good, so I have to go buy a USB style card reader. I have also been working on building some rock-rails from an old twin tube bumper that I have chopped up for the tubing. I am still trying to find some decent steel to make a rear bumper out of, probably with a stinger style spare tire carrier so that I hopefully won't have to re-do the tailgate again.

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
 AAGGHHH!!! STUPID F'KING rain. GO AWAY allready.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   My garage is flooded out ( dirt floor) and I can't seem to get a break from the rain long enough to do anything. I have managed to build and install the rockrail for the drivers' side. I just need to finish welding it on, then I can start on the other side. Since I can't do much outside ( see complaint above ) I went ahead and upgraded the O2 sensor to a 3 wire style using a pigtail from a Ford truck and the O2 sensor for a 89 Bronco. Seems to work quite well, as the ECU seems to hit  "open loop"  quicker. Started laying out the basis of the rear bumper, will try and get some pictures of everything up soon.