Hello Guest

XL-7 buildup for 32s

• 74 Replies

Offline Gear

• Pics and my club website
Re: XL-7 buildup for 32s
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2005, 06:55:04 PM »
You will find that Spacer + calmini strut = Same travel as just the OME strut.

I was running like this until I did 2 CVs within 6 weeks of installing the spacers with the OME.  Changed back to just OME and removed the diff drop brackets and all has been well.
Jeff
'03 Grand Vitara & '89 SWB Vitara
Blue bits, Locked bits, Missing bits

Offline nomaad

• I wanna go!!
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2005, 12:33:28 AM »
You will find that Spacer + calmini strut = Same travel as just the OME strut.

I was running like this until I did 2 CVs within 6 weeks of installing the spacers with the OME.  Changed back to just OME and removed the diff drop brackets and all has been well.

So you have the Calmini 2.5" lift on? And when you took the drop brackets off how was the angle on the CVs? And your reccomending that I remove the strut spacer, correct?

Thanks.

Offline Gear

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2005, 07:36:38 AM »
Yes, If you are going to run the OME struts, don't use the spacers.  You can keep the drop brackets in just keep an eye on them

If your driving hard your can do this do them

Jeff

Offline the_maplebar

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2005, 11:46:21 AM »
I thought the diff drop brackets were supposed to relieve stress on the CV's by keeping the angles closer to stock?
2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline Gear

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2005, 01:56:21 PM »
I thought the diff drop brackets were supposed to relieve stress on the CV's by keeping the angles closer to stock?

Yes they are, but they can let the diff move around more.  and this will let the cvs overextend anyway.

Jeff

Offline nomaad

• I wanna go!!
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2005, 05:35:56 AM »
Here is the project PDF for what has been done so far. Covers struts, body lift, steering extension, and bumper fix. Wheel spacers and wheel well trimming coming up soon.

http://www.carneyco.com/ProjectNomaad.pdf

Offline sergi

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2005, 09:15:02 AM »
Hi!
I just got the RRO BL kit. I ordered a steering extension with it (and paid it), but the steering extension never got here. So I have a BL without a steering extension. I'm not sure if I want my money back or get them to send me the kit, though that is complicated. What happens if you don't install the steering extension? Shall something break? I wouldn't like to find myselt on the highay with no steering all of a sudden :-/
You say in your file it wasn't fun to find out you needed one. So did you try without one?

Thanks alot for the help.
Once again, the file is great, very recomendable.
Suzuki Grand Vitara 3dr TurboDiesel
Barcelona, Europe
Aquesta és la meva màquina. Creus que em pots seguir?

Offline nomaad

• I wanna go!!
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »
Sergei,

You absolutely need the steering extension. I had it but had not installed it and took it out for a test drive and the first corner I came to the coupling at the top pulled right of the top stub shaft, NO STEERING! Luckily no traffic at 2 AM .

IF I were you I would contact Glen Wakefield at Rocky Road and explain the situation. It may be that it is backordered. I most definately check on it though.

Good luck with the install. Drop me an email at bill|removethispart|@carneyco.com if you run into anything you need help with.

Offline sergi

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2005, 09:42:53 AM »
OK, then i shall have to wait :(.
The problem is I had it sent to new york when i was there visiting. Now I am back in europe, so they would have to send it here. I bet they won't be happy when they find out the shipping cost to send it here. Besides the missing steering extension, there is also a missing pair of warn hub fuses. And they aren't returning e-mails. In their favor, there is a pair of brakeline extensions I never heard about, do they come with the BL kit?
Anyway, no more rambling as this is just burocratic problems, and no technical. I hope I'll be able to carry it out with the pdf file, it is realy good ;D

I forgot to thank you for your help! ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:50:57 AM by sergi »
Barcelona, Europe

Offline nomaad

• I wanna go!!
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2005, 10:14:30 AM »
If they are the black rubber hoses then yes it comes with the BL. The problem is that you need the extensions in the front. If your GV is like the XL-7 then these will not work for you. But I have a work around for it that I think I mention in the PDF. Also any brake shop should be able to fix them. Or you could drill a new hole an 1 or more down for the hard line to come through and kick the hard line down and reconnect and your in business. The extension should not be hard to ship, there isn't much to it. The fuses probably the same. I have been waiting on a set of fuses (Along with hubs) for 2 weeks now. Sometimes they just get backed up. Everyone is trying to get ready for the season I guess.

Offline sergi

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2005, 12:18:45 AM »
OK, thanks. I read your comment in the file, sounds good though temporary ;).
Still waiting for a reply from RRO though... :-/
Barcelona, Europe

Offline ATW_SGP

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »
Hi Guys,
I would be ordering a RRO Body Lift kit for my Suzuki Grand Vitara 2004.
Hope it works out!

Offline netlos

• 2002 xl7 jlx
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »
Hey for the body lift, just wondering why Master kit 1 was not brought up?They have the 2" kit.

Offline bush buster

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2010, 06:47:16 AM »
Because Masterkit1 is crazy expensive!  It is the only that comes with bumper relocation brackets however.
(FOR SALE, drop me a line) '01 Vitara 2.0, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 31x10.5x15 Interco TRXUS MT's on ford truck turbine rims, 1" wheel spacers, manual hubs, 5125 gears (Sidekick rear and GV steel front). DD/bushmobile "Snowflake"

'06 Impreza - Wife's ride and road tripper

1975 Dodge 360 Sportsman 1 ton van chassis with a 21' Triple E Class C motorhome

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »
not to mention that the masterkit guys are ignorant to deal with.  even if you can speak french.....
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4