Hello Guest

transfer case gear set?

• 3 Replies

Offline razor

transfer case gear set?
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:52:52 AM »
anyone make a transfercase gear set for the 2003 xl-7?  I did not find anything on my first couple of searches also is there any consensus on the build for these trucks ie calamini 2.5 + 1BL or old man emu + 2BL ect  I would like to run at least 30's but I think the 33x9.5 bfg mt would look great.   also is there any guid on triming the fender wells  how much can you take out and from were? can you  use cutouts from another truck to clean up the install ect...

Offline bzzr2

Re: transfer case gear set?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
they might look ok but if you really don't need the clearance from the 33's don't bother with them, lots of work.  you will need the 2.5 cal lift + 2inch body lift or maybe 3inch(lots of hassle) then to cut front bumpers and rear inside front fender but probably all the way out and hammer a bit too....  i just went from a moded tracker to an xl7, kept it simple, 2inch suspension lift and 29.5's on stock rims, no trim but it still gets a wee bit of rub in the front on the inners.  there's a guy here who had 33's and can tell you how it went..  perhaps be patient and wait for zukinations new lift to come out, it is a 4inch suspensin lift that moves the front wheels forward about an inch allowing for bigger tires....
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline sir lance

• I love my XL-7
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
^^^^ i guess that would be me, hahaha ya, dont go with the 33's, you will hate life if you do that, yes they look good, but you wont like the beating the inner fenders and such will have to take to get them to fit, and i had a 2.5 inch susp lift AND 3 inch body lift.

and the front end components dont last at all.  the worst thing i found was bump steer with the rack and pinion steering with the 33's due to simple leverage. not fun even on logging roads.

here is a pic of the front fender well (kinda) if you have a look at yours you will see what had to be done to mine, and it needed more than that.

if you look in the "post pics of your rides" you will see a few more pics

im with buzzr, keep a 29 0r 31 inch tire MAX and have fun.....

-Lance

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:31:51 PM by sir lance »
02' XL-7 1 Ton axles, dual t-cases 37's etc......
Trucks are built not bought*********

Offline razor

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:45:49 PM »
Ok so stay with 30s but what about the transfer case gears does anyone make them?  I had a 7-1 in a samari years ago and it was amazing thing would idel over anything....