Hello Guest

Newbie with Samurai

• 34 Replies

Offline serv

Re: Newbie with Samurai
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 02:00:03 AM »
Post them wherever you want.  :)

Thanks Drone... The zuk is partially done, no winch yet and diff guard. I am planning to drive it to my farm this weekend.  I will post the pics after the farm visit.  :)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:40:12 AM by serv »

Offline serv

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »
This is the new look of my Samurai. Winch and diff guard not yet installed.  The soft top will "shrink to fit" according to the maker.  The pic taken infront of my house.  Will appreciate comments from members.  

Sorry about the pic, it was drizzling and I can't wait for it to stop because I'm rushing to leave for the farm.  I will post pics of my first outing with the Samurai on Monday.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:54:39 PM by serv »

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
That is a really clean build.  Try not to roll it first time out.  :D

Did you go with a spring over axle in the back?  Why did you put a plate over the air intake for the heater system? 
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline serv

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 08:08:37 PM »
That is a really clean build.  Try not to roll it first time out.  :D

Did you go with a spring over axle in the back?  Why did you put a plate over the air intake for the heater system?  

I just got back from the farm and my first outing with the zuk.  Fortunately, no rolling happened.  The trail to the farm wasn't at all hard.  It was fun though, until I got to the farm.  

No I didn't go with a spring over axle in the back.  I used a bnew set of springs that is normally for another suzuki vehicle, the fit was perfect for the 2" lift, and it gave the samurai a better ride.  

The plates are just for asthetics :-[.   Well, according to the zuk converter who put it there, another purpose is for somethig to step on if there is a need to stand on the hood.  Iin his years of offroad experiences he sometimes need to stand on something high and the zuk is the only object available.   :laugh:

Drone, I am going to post my pics re "first outing with the zuk" in the adventure forum.  I think it is more appropriate there.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:41:32 AM by serv »

Offline serv

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 08:20:54 PM »
That is a really clean build.  Try not to roll it first time out.  :D

Did you go with a spring over axle in the back?  Why did you put a plate over the air intake for the heater system? 

The first wheeling with the zuk was fun... my experience in the farm was horrible.