Hello Guest

1987 Sammi Project

• 72 Replies

Offline z3ro

Re: 1987 Sammi Project
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »
I also got my XTC speaker baffles put in.  They were a perfect fit and will protect the back of my MB Quart Midbasses in the kick panels from water/dust/etc.

I also cut a new acrylic piece for my guage cluster.  Now it looks brand new.

Tomorrow I'll tackle some more.  Once I get the fuse box mounted I'll take some pics of that.  I also got in my turn signals and they are tiny.  They're going to work perfect for where I want to put them.

I won't be taking any pictures of the alarm/remote start install for obvious reasons, but suffice to say the truck will be protected with/without the top on and I can remote start it from 2000 feet away. 

Offline z3ro

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2010, 12:02:38 AM »
I've got a buddy coming over to do some welding on the floor to fix the spots were the seat mounts busted through, and whatever else I can talk him into. 

Also, the new radiator came in and looks pretty good.  I'll be throwing that in soon and replacing the thermostat.  My current radiator is 23 years old and definitely needed replacing.

Offline airmanwilliams

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2010, 05:14:55 AM »
wish I could get someone to come weld my floor and new kick panels in since just giant holes are where the kickpanels are suppost to be from the last idiot owner wanting to mount big speaker boxes there.
1993 4door Suzuki Sidekick JX

Offline jow003

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2010, 06:08:40 AM »
it all looks great man!! 2K ft away remote start?!?!  i need to know what brand that is, it is needed lol.  the wires looks like a nightmare to me, good luck.  i may have missed it but what brand of radiator did you get?  lemme know how you like it
if a bigger hammer, bigger tires or more gas doesn't help... your doing it wrong.

BUY MY STUFF!! pm for details

87 Samurai...
5" SPOA/OTT -RRO
1.5" leaf springs-OME
RUF conversion-Trail Tough
1" shackles
33x1250x15 MTZs
15x8- DC-2s

Offline airmanwilliams

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2010, 06:39:46 AM »
just have to say I hope you take that down to the show n shine next year. when your all done I look forward to seeing your sami featured places. It would be cool if you can incorporate some jet stuff from the base or other airforce stuff, I really liked the vehicles that the airforce did with pimp my ride.

Offline z3ro

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »
I'll definitely take it to the show and shine.  By then I'll have the 1.6 in it so it'll be a little more bearable on the highway.

As far as the brand of radiator, its a Spectra from Rock Auto.  Its just an OE replacement type.  I was thinking about an electric fan but after reading reviews for hours on the pros and cons, I'll just stick with the stock fan for now.  Perhaps when I change over to the 1.6 I'll reconsider.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »
Looks like you are doing a good job.  Nice clean work.  What kind of bed liner did you use?  And what do you think of how it went on and appearance?
And good luck with the wiring, it may be time consuming, but worth it.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline z3ro

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »
The bedliner was ok.  I wasn't too concerned with how it looked because I am going to use the new carpet kit that came with the zuk.

I used the herculiner, and I think it'll turn out much better if sprayed than rolled.  The wiring is all figured out, I just have to actually do it now. 

thanks for the kudos, I've been getting really frustrated with the zuk lately.

Offline z3ro

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
Got the E-spec headlights in today.  Last night I got the battery tray fabbed for the drivers side and the battery mounted.  Next I'll be mounting the fuse/relay box and FINALLY wiring everything up. 

Now that it's getting colder I really want to get my other vehicles back in the garage and put the zuk outside.

Offline z3ro

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »
So its been a while but I got some work done to the zuk.

The alarm is installed, just have to test the remote start and add the field disturbance sensor - No pics cause I am a ninja

Got the battery tray fabbed up (its plastic, not too hard) and the battery mounted where I want it:

Spent most of the last two days screwing around with this:

And now it looks like this:

Got the other battery cabling cleaned up and figured out:

Its a dual post battery on the drivers side that runs stuff, and the other battery runs the headlights, door locks, and other stuff.  The headlights now work off of two separate fused relay's within the fuse box, and the door locks are the same.  I also got rid of the "clicky starter fix" and used the starter relay that already existed in the fuse box.

My 200 Amp isolator relay should be in tomorrow.  Why use a relay?  Because it's better than an isolator.  You wire each battery to it and then the ignition wire.  Good to go and the batteries won't drain each other.

Uhh lets see, also got one of the E-Spec headlights in and working, just have to run wires to the other one. 

Still more work to do, so stay tuned if you care to.

Offline airmanwilliams

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
any cool new things andre?

Offline z3ro

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
Not lately.  My dad's coming in tomorrow so I figure me and him will tinker with it this weekend.

There is still no radio in it, no amp, no sub, the new radiator still has to go in, the P/S, etc. 

The alarm is all dialed in but being carb'd doesn't help the whole remote start thing.  I may end up have to do a timed crank or find another valid tach source because the alarm starts the truck and then doesn't realize its on and shuts it off to try again.

Anyways, all I am really waiting for is to get the floor welded up so I can get the amp in and the carpet in. 

Offline z3ro

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 01:54:36 AM »
Quick update:

The amp/sub/head unit are in and the zuk now sounds better than my Lincoln.  All that's left (for now) is to put some dynamat on the door panels and put them back on, and get a diamond plate panel for the tailgate.

I'm probably going to have some carpet professionally installed, because I'm not real fond if the kit I have currently.  I may put it up for sale.  Its great quality, but cut for a zuk with stock seats.

The remote start is working great, too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:05:34 AM by z3ro »