Hello Guest

MP3 Interface?

• 3 Replies

Offline byoungquist

• "We may be lost; but, we're making good time."
MP3 Interface?
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »
Anybody figured out how to hard wired a MP3 interface, I don't want use a FM modulator or cassette interface, to a factory double DIN cassette deck/radio in a '99 Tracker?

Thanks

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
Re: MP3 Interface?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:00:17 PM »
I just looked into this (and Bluetooth) very deeply over the last couple months. 

Ended up buying a new stereo.  There were no painless alternatives.

I went with Clarion CX609, but the JVC KW-XG700 and Pioneer FH-P8000BT were in the running.  Decided I wanted the USB input on the rear, not on the front.
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline ack

• Professional askhole
    • Ack's FAQ
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:56:35 PM »
What you are looking for would involve removing the radio, buying a schematic for it, then soldering a connector at the "appropriate point" in the Audio Frequency section of the radio's circuit board.  If you are extreemely lucky, know lots about electronics and can actually find a copy of the radio's circuit board schematic - the mod might work...

... or you can do what beercheck suggested and buy a new radio that has those features.   I had a CD/radio in my '93 Sidekick that also had an audio input port.   It worked great - and I could play MP3 CDs with hours and hours of music on them.  I used the MP3/audio input port to turn the radio into a PA system.

All the above without once heating up the 'ol soldering iron!

I hope that this helps!
Ack

'88 Samurai, '88.5 Samurai TT, '11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
Ack's FAQ  http://www.acksfaq.com

Offline Sn0vv

• Cardomain Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
My ipod is attached to a device that transmits my Ipod music through fm frequency onto my radio

VideoYug - 3 in 1 Car Kit

youtube link they also have a zune one.......I dunno what your really trying to do but I found this to be the easiest way for me to get video music and podcasts into my car without spending big $$$$ cost only 13 dollars.......of course you need and ipod of some sort.......no ipod there could be a headphone fm transmitter that will transit anything with a headphones output onto your radio dunno is that exists though............plugs into your lighter for power
2000 Cheverolet Tracker 2.0L 4cyl 5 door hardtop
with all options and 4x4 to top it off