Hello Guest

89-95 Tracker/Sidekick Soft-Top Rear Window Hold Down Latch

• 3 Replies

Offline BRD HNTR

The plastic snaps that are supposed to hold the top in place haven't worked all winter.  So I found "draw latches" to keep the rear window tight and in place.

I purchased a set of stainless steel latches with hooks (Part G) on-line at http://www.mcmaster.com/#draw-latch-locks/=1x6we3

We only used two latches instead of replacing all 3 clips because one is behind the tire that you can't get to anyway.

This shows it unhitched.

The clip snapped down on the drivers side.

The clip snapped down on the passenger side.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline joe dirt

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: 89-95 Tracker/Sidekick Soft-Top Rear Window Hold Down Latch
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
had to bring this back up for ya....great idea,...ill be getting some of these for sure...mine arent broke yet,...but they are a pain to unlatch...my fat fingers dont fit in that groove very well
" you like them spinn'n tires "
87 sami with yota axles...529 gears...spool rear...lockrite front...3-link and volvo coils....rears up front shackle reversal...4:16:1 t-case gears...34/10.50 ltb's.....diy beadlocks....

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
had to bring this back up for ya....great idea,...ill be getting some of these for sure...mine arent broke yet,...but they are a pain to unlatch...my fat fingers dont fit in that groove very well
Your fingers are not suppose to go in the groove.  That is where the fiberglass bar is supposed to go, although it does not stay there very long.
OK, I have appreciated having the back stay close since I installed these "draw latches".
Nice to hear from you.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline joe dirt

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
im talking about the lip that the black hooks are on...its kinda sunkin in from the face of the tailgate...i normally try to grab the rod itself and pull it out...guess i could yank on the window flap,..but im sure that would break the black clips...ill be getting those latches for quick relese
" you like them spinn'n tires "
87 sami with yota axles...529 gears...spool rear...lockrite front...3-link and volvo coils....rears up front shackle reversal...4:16:1 t-case gears...34/10.50 ltb's.....diy beadlocks....