Hello Guest

charcoal canister removal

• 5 Replies

charcoal canister removal
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »
I have a 88.5 sammurai and i just installed a weber carb and electric fuel pump. I would like to remove the charcoal canister but i dont know what to do with the line that goes to the gas tank or the line that goes to the carb. Just wandering if anybody has any ideas.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: charcoal canister removal
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
Not real sure about a carbed Sammy, but I removed mine on My Tracker, just put a cap on the vacume solinoid line, and put a small filter on the end of the hose from the tank. I believe the line from your carb may be a vacume line? If that is the case, you can just put a plug cover on the port. Better ask another Sammy owner though to be sure.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »
I have weber carb with the vent line going to the canister so i think i could just put a filter on that line just like the the line from the gas tank and hopefully that will not cause any problems.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
I don't think you want to leave a vacume line from the carb open. If your not actually using it, I would cap it.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
I don't think you want to leave a vacume line from the carb open. If your not actually using it, I would cap it.
I could re-route the line from the carb to one of the capped off vacuum ports on the intake.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:26:32 PM »
cap off everything except the fuel tank vent. I just used a length of fuel line that goes from the vent tube then up to a loop then back down. This way water can't get in. You can also remove the o2 sensor and any other sensors not needed with the weber anymore.