Hello Guest

88.5 sammy popped out of 4 low to neutral

• 3 Replies

Offline scuzzuk01

• forgot my outboard motor
88.5 sammy popped out of 4 low to neutral
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »
I have an 88.5 that I have been slowly rebuilding as a deer lease/mud toy.  Today while at lease, I was backing up in some light mud, not spinning tires.  I stopped and was going to shift to 4 hi and the xfer case popped into neutral.  I can not get it to shift out of neutral to any gear.  Any insight as to what I need to do??  Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Gary
A work in progress, 88.5 with a 4"spoa, over the top steering, 31" BFG A/T's, 500 watt pioneer stereo and a slight quarter panel ding from Hurricane IKE..... Stock 1.3 and a modified side-out straight pipe exhaust.

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
Re: 88.5 sammy popped out of 4 low to neutral
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »
You need to pull out the shifter and realign the shifting forks. Also replace the little bushing that the shifter sits in. Yours is worn.

Offline scuzzuk01

• forgot my outboard motor
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:49:15 PM »
Thanks Big.  I figured that it should be something fairly simple, in that I was not dogging it when it occured.  Should I be able to find replacment bushing at dealer or is there an aftermarket one I can find?

Gary
A work in progress, 88.5 with a 4"spoa, over the top steering, 31" BFG A/T's, 500 watt pioneer stereo and a slight quarter panel ding from Hurricane IKE..... Stock 1.3 and a modified side-out straight pipe exhaust.

Offline boyirish6

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:05:54 AM »
The dealer has them and I am a fan of the factory replacement.  You can also buy them on ebay.  There are many aftermarket replacements but I feel the OEM is the best replacement for it.  The part you need is called the shifter sheet.  Very easy to remove and isntall.
No longer in the 4 wheeling thing but I still love the community