Hello Guest

Homemade Front Bumper

• 31 Replies

Offline Jluck

Re: Homemade Front Bumper
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »
-the front bumper was built by someone else and needs a few more angles IMO and dont know about the weigh on it.

-the rear one should be reasonably light due to the 1/8" material. (i kept weight in ming) and I dont think it will be much (if any) heavier   than that of the TrailTough bumper on the front.

-I think I am going to build a matching one for the front some day so I can "tuck" it up allot closer to the body with a better approach angle that the low slung current TrailTough one. I just have to keep good intercooler flow.
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline BRD HNTR

Re: Homemade Front Bumper
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »
-the front bumper was built by someone else and needs a few more angles IMO and dont know about the weigh on it.

-the rear one should be reasonably light due to the 1/8" material. (i kept weight in ming) and I dont think it will be much (if any) heavier   than that of the TrailTough bumper on the front.

-I think I am going to build a matching one for the front some day so I can "tuck" it up allot closer to the body with a better approach angle that the low slung current TrailTough one. I just have to keep good intercooler flow.

I have too much overhang on my front bumper, it didn't bend on the rocks, but kept my tires off them.  For rock crawling approach angle (or descent angle) is everything. 
Jluck is right, Keep It Close To The Body.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.