Hello Guest

Which Weber

• 2 Replies

Offline srosenlieb

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Which Weber
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »
Hi i have a bone stock 86 sami i want to put on a weber conversion to get rid of the finicky stock unit.
Weber direct has a 32/36 kit for $350.00 or a 34/34 kit for $250.00. Which should i get? i might put a header on later............  any input would be appreaciated

sanjuansheriff

Re: Which Weber
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »
Hello and welcome,
I did the Weber swap on my 86 Samurai a few months ago. I decided on the 32/36 with the electric choke. I purchased in from a outfit selling on eBay for a lot less than $350.... I think I paid $289 with free shipping and no tax. You also need to decide if you want to use the stock air filter or a small after market filter that is supplied. Should you choose to use the stock cleaner as I did the kit will come with a adapter for it. This is a kit so it comes with all you need for the conversion.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

Offline TrakJD

Re: Which Weber
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »
Avoid Weber, you're better off getting this my-side carb.  I have seen it and heard alot of good things about this.    http://www.zuksoffroad.net/samurai_engine.htm

weber sucks in my opinion.  At first it would seem to be an awesome carb, but after awhile.... it will kind of "fall apart" where you ll have to tune it and all.  my-side carb, alot of people that I know who has this, has said its the best carb they have purchased for their samurai.  just a thought.  :)