Hello Guest

98 suzuki sidekick, help wanted for setup

• 5 Replies

johnjx

98 suzuki sidekick, help wanted for setup
« on: January 30, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »
i got really good advice on my second post thanks alot, specially to the last member who gave me a website and told me a couple things. i'm new here so i forget that when i post somthing specially a question or concern i should take my time and be more detial. my last post was suzuki help 98. one of my main concerns are the set up, with suspension and traction, hp, and power uses is no problem for me, still take any advice or mods reconmondation. i live whare theres, rock, snow, sand,mud,dirt,and bunch of trials, along with water holes. with soft, hard mediem and soft terrian. i dont want to do rock crawling. and do sand, maybe for kicks everyonce in awile, like once a month or once every three months with my buds. trails, i'm starting to get fun at, what i am aiming for is the setup to whare i can tackle trails, weither its just dirt, or is a mud trial, with mud pits on the side or one of those community trails with one way for mud pits, one way for water holes, or just trials for jeeps, a lil bit of rocks mostley tacticle. i also want to be able to go into mud pits and water holes and be able to tracter rite through them, of course myabe some stall's and slides and get stuck perhaps. but mianly the setup for everything except rocks, and sand.

Offline JoeCool

• Carpe Noctum!
    • cardomain
Re: 98 suzuki sidekick, help wanted for setup
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »
235.70.15s will fit with a 1" spacer lift (to cure minor rub) and work pretty good for a DD no regearing etc. 3" lift (body, suspension or a combination of both) will put you onto 31"s. Lt- Light truck tires will last longer and stand up to more abuse than passenger tires.  Headers and exaust are resonably cheap and help greatly for power. If you don't play around rocks much you don't need the most armor but it's good anyway.  Some will hate me for this but- avoid lockers on daily drivers. Or go for the gusto but be carefull not to let your idiot pedal get you into trouble on the street.

When you blow something up on the way, replace it with something stronger instead of stock, you'll have a built rig before you know it. But your wallet will let you know. :laugh:
5psi turbo '90 2dr 5spd 8v Tracker, Lt235s, 1" spacers, Rocker Rails, Warn Hubs, Custom half door,--GONE!
New, Sammi Tintop

Offline lil_Truck

• Eric Gardner
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:28:40 AM »
If you could, put spaces between your thoughts.  Put them into different paragraphs.  This will help when others reading them.

If your planing and any mud and/or water holes, I'd get some kind of snorkle on your truck.  The intake is behind the left head light and doesn't take much to get water into your engine.  There have been some good write-up on home made ones or you can buy them off the shelf for your truck.

Eric
e-mail: liltruck|removethispart|@comcast.net
96 Tracker
6" Calimini Lift with custom Frame
32 MTR's Warn 8000i
Front/Rear ARB's Many New Mods soon.

johnjx

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
k will do, and thnx for the tips. i'll try and keep things seperate for the future to make things easier for others to read. i had thoughts bout the snorkle and the air flow system. whats a good start for home mades?

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 11:45:38 PM »
If you could, put spaces between your thoughts.  Put them into different paragraphs.  This will help when others reading them.

Thats good advice.  Especially the paragraph part.

Offline Jimiweld

• www.fullfusion.ca
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 03:48:37 AM »
Make sure you extend your diff vent tubes before going in all that mud and water.....I learned the hard way !!!!! ::)
1990 Tracker - 3.5" body Lift, 1.5 coil spacers, 31" TRXUS tires, homemade front bumper, Automatic Tansmission, 5.12 diff gears. Rear is Locked