Hello Guest

New guy and a couple questions

• 22 Replies

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: New guy and a couple questions
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »
I know about the arch, I was just being an ass.  :)

I believe the CJ7 front springs are the same width.  But they are a bit longer then the rear springs.  One mod is to use the CJ7 front springs, then rotate the rear springs up front (RUF).
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

phloop

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 10:22:41 PM »
For the CJ spring swap, you would use the front CJ springs in the rear of your Sami and the rear Sami springs in the front, along with the missing link shackles if I remember correctly.

Been a while since I thought a bought that swap even though I have most of the parts. I have decided to go a different route.

da_mtg_man

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 03:15:29 AM »
What are missing link shackles and how much lift should I expect. I'm guessing that I'm sacrificing a comfortable ride but is it gonna be real rough?

phloop

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
The missing link shackle is a two piece shackle that opens up when the supension droops. Check this out, it will give you some info. http://www.rocky-road.com/zuklink.html

Tampa area huh? Home of the Sponge. :laugh:

da_mtg_man

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »
The missing link shackle is a two piece shackle that opens up when the supension droops. Check this out, it will give you some info. http://www.rocky-road.com/zuklink.html

Tampa area huh? Home of the Sponge. :laugh:

lol... It's good to have him back, They have definitely made him tone it down considerably though.

Ok, Now, I read the article but am still somewhat lost, I need these missing links to be able to run cj7 springs? Aalso, Is it $92 a quarner or $94 front and $94 rear? Is the 2 inch to much?
I know I am a pain in the ass but I've learned to except it so you guys are gonna have too as well. ;D

da_mtg_man

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »
nevermind, I read it closer and think I understand. Stay tuned, I will be asking more questions and thanks to everyone for your  advise so far.

Mike

phloop

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 08:52:05 PM »
Mike, do some research on RRO. There are also other companies that make the missing links. I like Trail Tough myself as do others. I need to do some digging but there is another company that makes a nice set, when I find it I will post it for you.

As for Bubba, even Sirius has made him tone it down. His show is no where near what it was two years ago. Just sorry that I can't listen to his morning show, not near a puter at work in the morning.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 12:08:51 AM »
I just made up my own pair of folding shackles for the front.  Of course, I ended up cutting the front fenders up so the tires could flex properly...  :P
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing