lol... that made me laugh for some reason ;D. You're not American, are ya? :P

Huh, huh, He said Wood ;D

Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline j2custom

• Suzuki's rule!
Re: which is better?
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 12:16:12 AM »
 ;DNot to speak for mbmarkyb but I believe it is the same (or similar) to saying "knock on wood".  I know, always state the obvious. It still is funny to hear that. ::)
2001 Chevy Tracker 4 door 2.0 5 spd 4x4
1995 Geo Tracker 1.6 8V 5 spd 4x4
2005 Tundra Crew Cab Limited 4x4
 It's not what you buy... it's what you build

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 05:28:11 AM »
I have heard people breaking stock ones a fair bit but not Calmini.

The stock wishbones are very strong, you'd have to be very unlucky to break one, I don't know of anyone whos broken one. The Calmini arms look nice but comparing the two side by side I don't think that the Calmini arms are worth all the extra money. If you are mainly driving on road then you can save a lot of money buying the RRO kit. Like Spinal tap says get some camber correction bolts, you will probably need them for a Calmini kit anyway as unless you have just the right front end weight your camber will be out.
Something else to think about, I lost one of my diff brackets - Calmini won't sell me a replacement, they only sell complete kits. Fortunately I will be able to fabricate one but its a PITA.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 05:31:01 AM by Rhinoman »
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline zookiemike

• $,reppin Michigan,$
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 06:28:39 AM »

The stock wishbones are very strong, you'd have to be very unlucky to break one, I don't know of anyone whos broken one. The Calmini arms look nice but comparing the two side by side I don't think that the Calmini arms are worth all the extra money. If you are mainly driving on road then you can save a lot of money buying the RRO kit. Like Spinal tap says get some camber correction bolts, you will probably need them for a Calmini kit anyway as unless you have just the right front end weight your camber will be out.
Something else to think about, I lost one of my diff brackets - Calmini won't sell me a replacement, they only sell complete kits. Fortunately I will be able to fabricate one but its a PITA.

That's Bulll sh*t about the bracket thing. Plus, You must see alot of Emu Kitted vitara's over there. You see how capable just an emu kitt can make one, But i will admit. The calmini kitt does look the part ;)
As we moving with the speed of the robot sonic exhaust
Chronic fumes, fuel, gin, and tonic
Half of the world is corrupt and alive
The other half is depressed and they want to die

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 10:12:58 AM »
But i will admit. The calmini kitt does look the part ;)

That's 3/4 of the battle.. making your rig look trailworthy ;D
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 10:59:09 PM »

That's Bulll sh*t about the bracket thing. Plus, You must see alot of Emu Kitted vitara's over there. You see how capable just an emu kitt can make one, But i will admit. The calmini kitt does look the part ;)

I haven't seen that many EMU kits over here as they are fairly expensive compared to some of the other spring lifts. Ironman kits are very popular but don't come with the longer struts or spacers. Calmini kits are very popular too despite the price (or maybe because of it). A few people are going over to SAS, not many have been finished yet though.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org