Hello Guest

tracker winch

• 17 Replies

Offline 93trackaddict

• projects under reconstruction
Re: tracker winch
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 05:52:36 AM »
I have seen a new winch from superwinch in most truck magazines. I know 4wheel parts handles them. They are 8000 lb. for $299. Also I think they come with a 2 year warranty or something like that.I guess it just depends on how much you think you will use one. If you need to winch every time out you will be dissatisfied with a cheap slow winch. If you only get in a winching situation once and a while and want the winch for a safety these would probably make you extremely happy.

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 10:29:59 AM »
I have a cheap 8000lb winch, I wouldn't go any smaller on a Track/Kick. I think the 'secret' with cheap winches is to take your time with the recovery. Pull in a bit at a time and let the motor rest a while so it doesn't overheat.
yea, but don;t expect that to get you up a long climb ... the spool in/out *is* very nice to have when someone is holding the rig on a long haul up since the winch bitach may have to reset 2 or 3 times.

Very good point, its all about the regularity that the winch gets used.

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

Offline kozaz

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34:46 AM »
I have a 2006 GV and I have a 5,000lbs harbor frieght winch that I can plug in the front (custom unit behind the grill) or rear receiver.

Mike

Any pics?